• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by waymore

1. W

Ben Jones , Football Coach

I would imagine it would have been local to where he lived , having no transport and a bad leg. He lived Back of Blake Lane, Erdington Regards Peter
  2. W

Ben Jones , Football Coach

A bit of a long shot really but I wonder if any of the older football historians have any information on my Grandad Benjamin Jones. Although a handy footballer in his day it was a coach or trainer that he was remembered when he passed away - when a short piece was written in the Birmingham...
  3. W

Green Margaret

Re: Margaret Green Hi Mike Thanks for your help. We are now in touch after 60-odd years. Cheers Pete
  4. W

Maybe beyond help.

Had a go at these two. Pete
  5. W

Warwick Road School, Sparkhill

Thanks Ann The parents were known as Doll & Val (Dorothy & Richard Valance Green) Pete
  6. W

Warwick Road School, Sparkhill

Does anybody know which school my cousins may have attended in the 1940's - early 50's living as they did in Back Warwick Road , Sparkhill. They were John & Margaret Green. Pete
  7. W

Does anyone remember this group from Brum in the 60's

Re Chris Evans The Mayfair Set in 1966 after Danny King left. The line-up was Chris Evans and Jim Murphy (both guitar and vocals), Denny Ball (bass guitar), and Dave Reay (drums). They went to Germany where they recorded a couple of singles that were released there on one of the local labels...
  8. W

Maybe beyond help.

A bit tidier perhaps Pete
  9. W

Poor scan of GT Granddad, any hope

Bit tricky this one - but had a go. Regards Pete
  10. W

old pic of nan to improve?

Hi Ray Had another go Pete
  11. W

Back-to-back Houses

Our first two addresses were prefixed 'Back' i.e. Back Blake St. & Back Oliver Street. Would they have been this type of housing ? It was more than 60 years ago and I can't remember. Pete
  12. W

old pic of nan to improve?

Hi Ray Here's my effort. Regards Pete
  13. W

Green Margaret

Re: Margaret Green Tried both sites Mike and thought I was on to something , sent messages but so far no replies from the Margaret or the Jason that looked likely. Thanks for the tip anyway. Pete
  14. W

is this to far gone to clean up

I use Ulead Photo Express , a programme that came with my scanner years ago and sometimes Windows Paint.
  15. W

is this to far gone to clean up

My attempt, Pete
Back