• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by waderg

1. W

York Wade Geoffrey of Barnsley Rd

Well, made contact with several cousins (including Lucie!) and nothing I have seen leads me to think the "other Mr Wade" is related (German or not!)...I think all "my" Wades in Birmingham are accounted for (my grandfather's father was the only one of three brothers to move to Brum from Newport...
  2. W

Robinson Amy of Barnsley Rd

Constance Collier
  3. W

Parkinson Amy of Sandon Rd

Just discovered this info: Register of Nonconformist Burials in the Parish of Christ Church, The Quinton, 1891 to 1934 https://www.qlhs.org.uk/archive/christ-church-burials-non-1891-1934.htm No. Date of Burial Ref. Name Address Age...
  4. W

Re: Geoffrey York Wade of Barnsley Rd Thanks for your post Astionian Don't think the Wade of German origin would have been related, but I'll bear it in mind...life does have it's surprises! Regards
  5. W

Re: Amy Parkinson of Sandon Rd Thanks for all of the information Suzanne Much of it was new to me, including the third brother to my grandfather! Actually thought Alfred died in 1908, but suspect my memory is at fault. Hope others have been as helpful to you as you have been to me. All the...
  6. W

Robinson Amy of Barnsley Rd

Actually, originally posted under Amy Parkinson (her maiden name)...hope it's not confusing, but I've had no responses in the two years it's been there...& perhaps the Robinson surname (from her second husband) is more logical. Her son was Geoffrey York Wade (one of 4 sons actually) & he...
  7. W

This is my grandfather. Geoffrey was born in 1902 while his family were living living at 253 Dudley Rd (I think!). His parents were Alfred M (b1862 Newport; d1907) and Amy (b1868, nee Parkinson; remarried 1913 Tom Robinson; d1952). He first married a Russian emigree, Lydia (or Leeda) Garkina (or...
  8. W

This is my great grandmother. In 1891 Amy was living at 14 Sandon Rd Edgbaston with her parents William (b1844 South Shields; a schools inspector; died 1903) and Eliza (b1845 Chelsea; d1935), and siblings Edith and Thomas Maynard, a bank clerk (he emigrated to South Africa, as had an elder...
Back