• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Virusman26

1. Virusman26

Longbridge underground tunnels

I've been watching the Longbridge site quickly being demolished since we moved to Rubery last year. All the tunnels have been back filled in as far as I can see, so I doubt anymore video/photo's will be gleaned from them. Shame, as it's one I wanted to see!!
  2. Virusman26

Missing our 3 black cats SO much!

Well, after the long drawn out process of buying a house, my fater-in-law arriving from Australia, going on holiday to Bude and absolutley no sleep due to a teething, crying 11 month old daughter............we have adopted 2 domestic shorthairs from Wythall cats protection centre!!!!! Both 4...
  3. Virusman26

J. W. Evans Silver Factory

Looking good! I've been watching this one for a couple of years. I'm so glad that it's been left as it was when the last guys there downed tools. I much prefer to see places as they were worked, than all tarted up. Thanks for the link Wendy! Neil
  4. Virusman26

Nicknames

At school, I don't think I had one. In the years after I left and went straight into factory work, I've had a few.........(Bear in mind I'm 6'4" tall!) Lank, Lanky, Lofty, Lurch, Big 'Un etc. Then a few about my appearance, hair etc...... Spike, Spikey (Hair), Gweedo (never understood that one!)...
  5. Virusman26

Sanitorium Yardley Rd.

Just a little info from one of my favourite Birmingham history websites............. https://www.bhamb14.co.uk/index_files/EASTBIRMINGHAMHOSPITAL.htm Neil
  6. Virusman26

Uffculme Centre - former home of Richard Cadbury

Lol!! Hi Colin, I was just going to post the link to your website!! I've been reading avidly about the history of Birmingham. There are some wonderful images attached to you page on Uffculme. I was fortunate enough to see quite a lot of this place a few years ago, as my wife worked there as an...
  7. Virusman26

Missing our 3 black cats SO much!

Hi all, Well it's been a LONG couple of years without the cats. We still miss them like crazy, but not long after we had settled in to where we currently live, I found out all 3 of them had been adopted by loving families who have had cats before. I was so glad, but at the same time a little...
  8. Virusman26

cato street

Hi all, sorry to dig up an old thread. The mill in the picture above, I have always known as Lallian's Mill". I can't find any history connected t it at all under that name. On the OS maps from 1890, it is just marked as "Brewery". I know originally it was used to produce malt for the brewing...
  9. Virusman26

Ariel Automotive works, Birmingham June'09

Hi all, another re-visit to an older post of mine. The following couple of pictures were taken from the Ariel owners website: And A.J.Lewis created a complete history, with a small picture of how the factory looked in the companies literature, back in the 50's: Cheers for looking Neil
  10. Virusman26

Westley Richards Gun Manufacturer/Toolmaker.

Having a look for any "Before" shots inside this place, came up with these: Simon Clode, Westley Richards' managing director Mark Williams visited the site in his Industrial Revelations tv series from a few years back.
  11. Virusman26

Urban exploring buildings in & around Brum

Hi guys, I'm afraid to say that things didn't go well when I got down there the other day. Security decided that they didn't want me using the access that Frothy tipped me off about. Shame, as if I'd gotten in a bit quicker then I could see the way in right in front of me. I'll keep having a...
  12. Virusman26

Record shops in Bham

Reddington Rare Records and swordfish records were 2 of my faves!!
  13. Virusman26

Urban exploring buildings in & around Brum

Thanks for the tip off Frothy, I've got a 4 day weekend this week, so I might go and check it out!!
  14. Virusman26

C brandaurs is saved...

I'm afraid I can't take credit for those superb shots. That's adders from 28dayslater, he's another local guy who has been in some of the same places as me!
  15. Virusman26

Heritage at risk register, heritage zones - English Heritage

https://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=35915 (Link does not work) That's the one, just down the road off the Moesley road, going towards the ring road.
Back