• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Twirls

1. T

Use of genealogy section

I am confused by a message I received from Alberta. The genealogy section offers look-ups but it seems that using it "too much" attracts criticism. I note other members comments in support of the moderator and I am puzzled because some of those comments are from members who have already kindly...
  2. T

BALLARD - Marriage for Jessie M. Ballard

Re: Marriage for Jessie M. Ballard Hi Lynne, All this has given me reason for thought and that my William Joseph Ballard did not marry Eliza Jessica Deakin. The name and dates have thrown doubt on all the above. Thank you, Twirls
  3. T

Re: Marriage for Jessie M. Ballard Thank you Lynne, I too have the birth of Eliza Jessie Deakin as 1889. I believe I have the correct William Joseph Ballard born in 1905 Aston. It does seem a big age difference though, but not at all unusual for a woman of 40 to have a child even in those...
  4. T

BALLARD / LEWIS- children of Ballard and Lewis

Re: Looking for children of Ballard and Lewis Thank you UmEthaar for sending me the info. Twirls
  5. T

BALLARD / LEWIS- children of Ballard and Lewis

I've been looking on freebmd for children of Samuel Ballard born 1907 in Birmingham and his wife Alice Lewis but can't find any. They married in Birmingham in 1929. Can anyone help please? Thank you Twirls
  6. T

Re: Marriage for Jessie M. Ballard Yes Lynne, Jessie was born in 1929. Perhaps it is correct and she never married. Could you tell me if she had any siblings? Father was named Ballard and mother Deakin. I can only see Jessie on freebmd. Thank you, Twirls
  7. T

Re: Marriage for Jessie M. Ballard Oh, thank you very much for this extra info. William John Ballard and Eliza Jessie are the parents of Jessie M Ballard. It would appear that William John Ballard born in 1906 had died by 1930 at the age of 24.
  8. T

Re: Marriage for Jessie M. Ballard Well I suppose the marriage in Harlow is a possibility and I can't rule it out as yet. Thank you Shera for looking. I'll have to research the other names you've given me from the electoral roll. These are not names I've come across before. Twirls
  9. T

Re: Marriage for Jessie M. Ballard I've found her birth in 1929 Birmingham South. Her mother's maiden name was Deakin so I know her birth date is correct.
  10. T

Re: Marriage for Jessie M. Ballard Hi Shera, Thank you. This is possible. I have seen the name misspelt before as Bullard. Have you come across any other marriages? Twirls
  11. T

Hello, Could someone please let me know who Jessie M. (I think this is Maud) Ballard married? She was born in Birmingham in 1929. I have looked on free bmd but could find nothing. Thank you, Twirls
  12. T

Linnecor family

Hi Ladylinda, My, you've been busy! What a lot of babies and so many deaths. How distressing this must have been to their parents. I do hope these were not all children born to Annie. Thank you for this I'll keep it all for reference and I may be able to link them to other Ballard...
  13. T

Linnecor family

Thank you Barrie and Ladylinda, Barrie, how do you know that Sarah E Ballard had lost three children? From where did you have the info? All this info is helping me to build my family with detail I've never had before. Twirls
  14. T

Linnecor family

Does anyone have any information about the Linnecor family who lived in Aston? In particular I'm looking for anything about the wife of Alfred Linnecor born in Birmingham in 1907. I believe this was Annie Ballard born in 1907 Aston. The parents of Alfred were Arthur Linnecor and Sarah Jane...
Back