• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Tony Beasley

1. T

Premier Motor company. Dartmouth Street-Aston Road.

Thank you Phil, i remember the photo on the right of the old Aston Rd corner with Dartmouth St. I served my apprenticeship there. Its all so very different now. Regards Tony Beasley.
  2. T

Hi Lyn. I havn't heard from Clive, is it because i did not reply a private e-mail to him?. I am not sure about how to do this, could you advise please. Many thanks. Tony Beasley.
  3. T

Thank you Lyn for that info, i have removed my address.
  4. T

Hi Clive. What a surprise to have a reply from you. I left premier to go and work at George Masons the grocers on fleet maintenance in Birchall St, Digbeth for a few years with a Jim Williams who worked at Premier and left before i did to take up the post of service manager there. I remember Alf...
  5. T

Davos, Switzerland Sunday Mercury & Kunzle

Hi Trevor. I was in davos in 1953 for six months. The adults that accompanied us were Miss Skivington, Miss Aize, and head person was a Mr Yoxall, plus two dinner ladies. I hope to include Davos into my holiday next summer. All the best. Tony.
  6. T

Perry Hall the house

Hi my name is Tony Beasley, What a great photo of the paddle boats in Perry Hall park. I used to play on them with my friends back in about 1948-9. I lived in Carmodale Avenue until 1957, when the family moved to Great Barr. What lovely memories.
  7. T

Hi Charles. What year did you go to Davos?. I was their in 1953. for 6 months. Tony.
  8. T

Hi. My name is Tony Beasley and i went out to Chateau Bruxelles in 1953. What is your name?. I have some photos from when we were their. I shall be going back next year especially to visit St Lukes church where we had to clean the brass fittments every three or four weeks. Yes i remember a...
  9. T

My name is Tony Beasley, i started an apprenticeship their in 1957 for 5yrs. I made some friends also doing the same job. They were Derek Hardman, Roy Ansell, Bobby Kyte, Dave Kerr. and others i have forgotten. Does anyone out there remember?.
  10. T

Hi My name is Tony Beasley, i went to Chateau Bruexelles for six months in June 1953. I do remember another lad namad Chritopher, cant remember his sirname though. Does he remember cleaning the brasses in the church? boring job!. The teachers names i think were Miss Skivington-Miss Ayes-and a...
  11. T

Hi Phil. My name is Tony Beasley and i am one of the boys in the photo at snow hill station, it was taken in June 1953. I cant answer your question but where did you get this photo from?. Wonderful memories.
  12. T

Perry Hall Park

My name is Tony Beasley, and i used to enjoy going on these paddle boats with my friends in the late 40s and early 50s. We would also take an old sack with us so after going on the boats, we would take our shoes and socks off, and drag this old sack through the water and see how many minnows we...
Back