• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by theodore

1. T

Census search 1 abode

Many Thanks Janice & Mike. Now have the census details for 1911, 1901, 1891 (250 numbers) 1881, 1871 and 1861 if the re-numbering is correct (120's). No point looking up 1851 or 1841 if no house numbers. Peter
  2. T

Census search 1 abode

Thank you Mike. Checked the 1881 census and it makes sense to me. With the info from Janice regards 1861 and 1871 census records using the names Saxelby and Minshull got Bloomsbury St. but does not go as far as numbers needed as per your last posting. Minshull was the landlord of the Turks Head...
  3. T

Census search 1 abode

So what would numbers 251, 253, 255. 257 have been before 1884? I believe that these were built around about 1840 but how numbered? Peter
  4. T

Census search 1 abode

Janice many thanks for your time and effort and indeed the three named (for 1861, 71, 81 census) did take me to Bloomsbury St. however sadly not to the section I require (250 numbers). Again thank you for your help. It is Ancestry that I am using to search on. And thanks also Ken for your...
  5. T

Census search 1 abode

Thank you Ken. I'm still not having any luck regards the other census years.
  6. T

Census search 1 abode

Yes Janice its Bloomsbury Street, Nechells (the house is long gone).
  7. T

Census search 1 abode

William All the census years other than mentioned in original post. I believe that the house I am reseaching dates from about 1840.
  8. T

Census search 1 abode

Trying to search the census records for one particular address. So far have only had success with 1901, 1911 and 1939 (Register). Just inputing the address (in full) without other details always results in failure. Problem of course is I can't put any details regarding names etc. (the reason for...
  9. T

Collins, A. E.

Many thanks both (MWS and pjmburns) for your feedback and info which confirms details I already have but needed that little extra information for proof. The passenger lists confirmed it so much appreciated Janice. Regards Peter
  10. T

Collins, A. E.

Any information on Arthur Edward Collins would be appreciated. Believe he was born 1888 abt. Birmingham (son of Frederick and Sarah Collins ?). Known to have resided at 8 Richmond Terrace, Bolton Road, Small Heath (1915-20?). Regards Peter
  11. T

Clara Morris

Thank you one and all for your replies to my posting re Clara Morris, this has been helpful. Regards Peter
  12. T

Clara Morris

Have checked 1911 census and may have Samuel (serving 1st Worceseters) but need more info to confirm. Janice you have the right Samuel, he was serving with the 2nd Bn. Worcestershire Regiment and was KiA 21.10.1914. Have had no luck with 1891 or 1901 census returns. Details from Soldiers died...
  13. T

Clara Morris

Not much to go on with this person but hoping someone can help with information. All I have is an address and this was around the 1930's, 28 Kirby Road, Winson Green. There was a daughter (Emily) but do not know husbands name (possibly Samuel?). A son named Samuel died in WW1 (1914). May have...
  14. T

2nd Battalion Worcesters 1914

Hi Paul, Yes I thought it must be Mark Higgitt. Our paths crossed a while back when Mark was producing his Gheluvelt programme. I have not been in contact for a while but could email him again. Thank you for posting the info regards your trip(s) to Gheluvelt, I am always searching for more...
  15. T

2nd Battalion Worcesters 1914

Hi Paul, What is your interest with the 2nd Worcesters? The first person you met, Mark, I think I may know and have had some exchange of info with previous. I could check my data regards the grandfather of Charlie if you have his name. Regards Peter