• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by svsaunders

1. S

Saunders family from Birmingham

thats it! thats the one .. its the missing connection - I though that this may be the case....surely this would explain who she was signed Sarah Ann on her marriage certificate and Sarah Melinda on the childrens birth certificates?
  2. S

the dates on this do add up to being correct - I just need to make sure that this is the correct Sarah. the marriage certifciate says Sarah Ann however one of the birth certificates for children state Sarah Melinda...strange!
  3. S

does that mean he was seeing two people at once or does it mean that there were 2 people with very similar names who might have connection to each other?
  4. S

the address of 164 Hospital Street comes up on the marriage certificate and one of the death certificates that I have. Have you just listed parents and children or am I reading that incorrectly?
  5. S

location graves / death details for lost family

John - you clearly know what your doing ? can I ask where you found this information please as I am just using Ancestry Also do you think that Sarah Melinda and Sarah Ann are the same person ?
  6. S

Hmm thinks it's possible that I am searching the wrong person? Just looked at my grandfather's marriage certificate (Christopher Saunders) which I know is 100% spot on and it shows his father's name as being James Thomas Luke Saunders and the correct occupation. It does say he was deceased...
  7. S

Cheers, I have them on both census documents along with most of their kids. I also have the death certificate on the last child however that does show the mother a being Sarah Melinda Saunders rather that Sarah Ann Saunders which is a little strange. The person's correct as it's a boy called...
  8. S

Cheers Janice, I saw that record however I dismissed or because I thought the year was to out to be accurate however appreciate what your saying about the birth year being rough, would 6 years out be too rough or is it possible? I have emailed the church they got married in to see if they...
  9. S

Hey, I am trying to find out details of what have happenned to my paternal great grandparents James Thomas Luke Saunders and Sarah Ann Shute who got married at St Johns, Ladywood on the 23/05/1897. I know that they have various children however I cant seem to find any record of their deaths or...
  10. S

Hello, Iam trying to find out as much as possible about my family from very limited information, surely other researchers have the same problems where elder members of their family are very reluctant to share details of relatives etc for fear of what might be uncovered ? Does everyone have...
Back