• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by stv1x

1. S

The Crown Inn, Broad Street

Hello All (especially Len :) ), Still carrying on with the ancestry search and came across a 1st cousin 3x removed called Henry Gomm, b1871, who, with his wife Clara, managed the Crown on Broad Street in 1911. If anyone keeping historic records on the Crown would like a copy of the 1911 Census...
  2. S

Goode William Henry b.1865

Re: William Henry Goode b.1865 Good grief Len, where did this one come from? Must admit that as a child it looked so much better. Steve
  3. S

Re: William Henry Goode b.1865 Len, you are an asset to this site. :0214::0214: For anyone in doubt, and I don't want to make you blush Len, having met you now personally, I can honestly say that, despite you having problems with your left and right :D , you ARE the history Guru of...
  4. S

Re: William Henry Goode b.1865 Len, I can only imagine that your Father's pigeons didn't taste too good! :D Steve
  5. S

Re: William Henry Goode b.1865 I agree Len. At first glance there does appear to be similarities with William Goode, though I'd not considered his attire having never been privileged to meet him. :) Had the judgement call been that the photos were taken in 1949, and not 1917, then I'd...
  6. S

Re: William Henry Goode b.1865 Thanks Suzanne. I have found him but have yet to unravel why he was not involved with being an uncle to my father or indeed known or spoken about beyond his mid twenties. It's obvious now that he did retain a degree of contact with his parents, William and Fanny...
  7. S

Re: William Henry Goode b.1865 Thanks everyone. That has now confirmed that the above picture is that of the previously missing Henry Edward Coleman Good and his new wife Ada Eaves. Henry was 30 years old at the time of this wedding. The gentleman in the top-hat could be William Goode but I'm...
  8. S

Re: William Henry Goode b.1865 Okay, I now have some definitive information gleaned from the death certificate of H E C Goode although I could do with some opinions from those with a sharp eye of the particular era of a wedding at St. Giles Church in Sheldon. If one had to hazard a guess...
  9. S

Re: William Henry Goode b.1865 Hi Len, May lived as a spinster on Mackadown Lane in Sheldon (opposite where Car Select is now) in a prefab bungalow until she died. As I mentioned before, May used to baby sit me when my parents went out and teach me how to play dominoes.... The prefabs have...
  10. S

Re: William Henry Goode b.1865 This is all so surreal Len. I made contact with a 'John Goode', a family member whose ancestors emigrated to Australia and am in regular contact with him. I've tried to get him on this forum but for whatever reason his computer freezes every time he tries. It's a...
  11. S

Re: William Henry Goode b.1865 Wish her a very happy Birthday Len! :0431:
  12. S

Re: William Henry Goode b.1865 That's what I thought Len so you can see the confusion when you have two Henry's. The death announcement could be referring to either of them but I'm sticking with my theory that it was from their son and not their son-in-law. :rolleyes:
  13. S

Re: William Henry Goode b.1865 The thing is Len that, and this will get confusing, my grandfather was called Henry Brown but always referred to as 'Harry' Brown.....a nickname if you like. From that you can gather that the newspaper announcement could equally relate to either Henry Brown or...
  14. S

Re: William Henry Goode b.1865 Hi Len, I think you mean Henry Brown, my grandfather who married Ellen, although that wouldn't be possible as they only had one child, my father. Mabel never had children and was never married so that leaves just Henry Edward Coleman Goode.....the missing sibling...
  15. S

Re: William Henry Goode b.1865 So he is.....must book up with specsavers :grinsmile: In that case there's every chance that William was sitting in the wheelbarrow outside his previous home on the Pershore Road, Northfield.
Back