• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Steve de grey

1. S

Long gone shops

That's a memory. What was greys?
  2. S

Smethwick

I have a 1797 cartwheel twopence made at soho mint on a machine designed by Mathew Bourton . Weighs 2 Oz solid copper. Only made for 1 yr cos within a year they were worth more in scrap than what you could buy with it. Ps does anyone know where soho mint was
  3. S

Long gone shops

I remember the Midlands educational had an escalator in it
  4. S

Long gone shops

Butchers?
  5. S

Long gone shops

New one for me
  6. S

Long gone shops

Trying to remember long gone shops. Can remember paynes shoe repairs.Wimbushes bakery. Timothy whites chemist. Wrensons grocery. Anymore I've forgot
  7. S

Cleve Terrace

This is fascinating. How old is this pics. Thought Cleve terrace was demolished in 6os are these houses still there. My mom is 86 I grew up here 19 50s would love to show her some pics. Brilliant. Thank you
  8. S

de Grey of stirchley. Birmingham

Thank you my mistake. Don't know why I put Wilson. Always was wilton. Never knew about wolverhampton though. Most interesting I really must follow up. Appreciated to know that.
  9. S

I have but wouldn't know where to start. Thanks for your assistance
  10. S

Grandfather John Wilson de grey. Grandmother Gladys de grey. Children Eleanor. Margaret John Constance and my father Edmund Michael de grey born 1930. Known to live lockton Rd. 1930s to 60s
  11. S

Looking for family history please. Any help appreciated
Back