• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Ruth Turner

1. R

Richard Street Boy & Girls School

Can someone inform me of the correct name of this school which was located in B7. Richard Street was close to Aston Locks or was also off Dartmouth Street, thank you in advance
  2. R

Gosta Green Through Duddeston

Hi GeorgeG The school is called King Solomon International Business School, it is a Christian school for all Christian denominations and of course children of no faith. The school opened its doors in September 2015, it delivers education to primary, secondary at the moment and in the future...
  3. R

Hi Phil, Thank you for that info. If you can think of anything else please drop me a line. Excellent. Phyllis Nicklin collection is fantastic, I love her photos.
  4. R

The flatted Factory/Nechells House/Waterlinks House is now a school, I am doing some research about the building for the school. I would love to know as much about the building, other companies that occupied the units anything you can recall, any photos, thank you
  5. R

Saltley / Duddeston & Nechells Area

Looks like St Joseph's Thimble Mill Lane
  6. R

Nechells House (waterlinks House)

I am appealing for some help - I was hoping someone could give me some history of Nechells House, The Flatted Factory & Dartmouth St School. I want to work with my sons school on a history project as his school is in Waterlinks House aka The Flatted factory. Would anyone be up to the task of...
Back