• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Raphael

1. R

Chandos School Moseley Road

Janice Was it normal for the Leaving Certificates in the 20's just to show the likes of "moseley road school" instead of the actual name of the school?? Thank you for your help
  2. R

Thank you for your interest. Yes From what I can Remember my Mother attended St Annes at the top of Bradford street. The family at the time lived at 199 Bradford Street Next to the Pub. I have "assumed" that she then went to High School at the age of 12.
  3. R

I have received a message from Heritage archives they "think" the school I am looking for was known as Moseley Road County Primary School , Chandos Road the link is https://www,british-history.ac.uk/vch/warks/vol7/pp501-548#p438 They do not seem to have any info on the students. what a pity...
  4. R

Moseley Road (High) School in the 1920's

Yes the head teacher is listed as E A Bennett Raphael
  5. R

Well I must thank you all again Raphael
  6. R

Janice Copy Attached Are you able to confirm where the head teacher actually taught?? Regards Raphael
  7. R

Thank you everyone for your input, would it help if I attached a copy of her leaving certificate Raphael
  8. R

Jim thank you for your reply I think you are right Raphael
  9. R

Hi everyone I am looking for information on the Moseley Road School in the 1920's. I have just learnt the my mother was a prefect there, she was born in Kings Norton in 1907 and attended St Annes at the top of Bradford Street then went to the high school . I would imagine that she was there from...
Back