• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by pollypops

1. pollypops

Hallewell Rogers., Lord Mayor of Birmingham 1904

Hi, here is some information about Hallewell Rogers I have gathered together from the newspaper archives - committees he was on and meetings he attended etc. I have found an article dated 1895 in which it mentions a talk he gave about about the Welsh Water Scheme and his visit to Rhyader and...
  2. pollypops

Help needed reading birth certificate

it sounds as if your gt, gt grandmother suffered quite a lot before she died. It must have been an awful time for the family with two new babies in the house too. I am so pleased the certificate proved that Abraham was the correct baby - well done bewdley! Thanks for sharing the certificates...
  3. pollypops

laura Gwilliam lived in great brook street ashted from 1910 till 1970i

The only death I can find for a Richard Groves is: Death registered Birmingham North, Warwickshire - 1931 Jul/Aug/Sept - Richard Groves b.1871 age 60
  4. pollypops

I have just found the death of Henry Gwilliam - he is listed as Harry. Harry Gwilliam. Rank; Private Service Number: 7642 Date of Death: 14/11/1914 Age: 29 Regiment/Service: Worcestershire Regiment. "A" Coy. 2nd Bn Panel Reference: 34 Memorial: YPRES (MENIN GATE) MEMORIAL Husband of Laura E...
  5. pollypops

I have found the same death as Brian did: Death registered 1959 Oct/Nov/Dec - Laura E Gwilliam - age 74 Burial 1959 - Laura Elizabeth Gwilliam - Handsworth Cemetery (2 in grave)
  6. pollypops

Hello, I am not sure which information you may already have but I have found the following on Laura ELizabeth Hughes - sorry if I am repeating things you already have. Birth of Laura Elizabeth Hughes registered Oct/Nov/Dec 1885 Droitwich. 1891 census – Hanbury terrace, Droitwich (this has...
  7. pollypops

Well done bewdley - Abraham is sounding very promising being on the same page!
  8. pollypops

In the garden 2013 - 2018

Ooooo - Spring is on the way Lyn!! It's a Peacock butterfly - one of my favourites. It does look a bit frayed around the edges though - bit like me I think! :uncomfortableness:
  9. pollypops

In 1891 the Family are in Price Street, Smethwick - but David is not with them - he would be about 22 Joseph Palmer - head - married - 67 - Shoemaker - Warwickshire Emile Palmer - wife - 56 - b. Tipton Emanuel Palmer - 36 - labourer - b. Oldbury Joseph Palmer - 15 - apprentice - b. Smethwick...
  10. pollypops

I have found the 1861 and 1851 for Joseph Palmer with his first wife Mary Ann Not sure if Mary Ann was born Stourport or Stockport as one of the enumerators seems to have made a mistake. 1861 Grove Lane, Smethwick/Harborne/Worcestershire Joseph Palmer – head – 37- shoe maker – b. Warwickshire...
  11. pollypops

I didn't look at the 1861 census I just quickly checked the 1871 and 1881 for another child the same age as David. If I had checked the 1861 - or bothered to check the ages of the children to Wife Emily I would have realised there must have been another wife - Mary A. How sad she perhaps lost...
  12. pollypops

I have just found a James Palmer born Jan/feb/march and died Jan/feb/March in 1869 age 0 birth and death registered Kings Norton I think this may be David's twin??? How strange heir hunters mentioned times on birth certs this morning!
  13. pollypops

It looks like 12 h 55mins pm to me too and as I had just seen heir hunters I looked for a birth/death of a Palmer twin but couldn't find one (that's not to say there isn't one - just I can't find one) David is on 1871 and 1881 with no other child of the same age. Could it be that as the time...
  14. pollypops

Well done Brian! Was Gwilliam her maiden name?
  15. pollypops

Also could you tell us if Gwilliam was her maiden name or married name. If it was her maiden name did she get married? Do you have names of other family members she lived with - parents, siblings, spouse?