• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Phillc

1. P

Lodge Rd Hockley (the Flat)

Hi My dad Sam cotterill lived in Lodge road in his youth. dont know where exactly but will look in 1911 census as he was born in 1910. His dad was also named sam and his mother was Rebecca nee wager
  2. P

Kings Royal Rifles

Hi My Grandad sevred with the 10th Batt Kings Royal Rifles and he enlisted in wolverhampton Did your granded die on the somme or in action. if so you will probally find quite a bit on the war graves commision web site. You can serch for him and if sucessfull get a full run down of where he is...
  3. P

Wager

Hi CST My Grandmorthes maiden name was Wager and she was born in Fleet Street Birmingham. Here father was George wager (but i think he had a brother Harry) and her mother was rebecca Painter. Mt GM married William beharrell and after he dies married ny Grandad Samuel Cotterill if this helps...
  4. P

Enlistment for Kings Royal Rife Corps in Wolverhampton

Thanks Suzzane Yes i had seem the census listing for the Family at peel Street the confusing part is that the sam born in 1879 is my Grandad and his wife and children are know to me. However I cannot find a brith certificare for him... I have from the GWGC a documet that says my grandads...
  5. P

Bellis and Morcom

yes i know what you mean rosie My passed away in 97. If i had known i would have sat him and mom doen for a month with a tape recorder, pen and paper and noted everything. if you have kids just make sure you leave them some info to save them having the trouble we are having :-) Phill
  6. P

Enlistment for Kings Royal Rife Corps in Wolverhampton

Hi Thanks for reading my post My Grandad Samuel Cotterill Enlisted into the KRRC at wolverhampton in Dec 1915 Can anyone explain why he would have gone to Wolverhampton to enlist in the army? I believe (thought dont know absolutely) that he lived in Birmingham near to winson green. When...
  7. P

Nettlefolds Limited

My dad (sam Cotterill) worked at St geaorges for 17 yrs on nights The stories he told me were brilliant. You could get anything made at GKN on nights in them days and of course the London Works Tavern was at the gate entrance.............. Phill Cotterill
  8. P

Bellis and Morcom

My dad Sammy Cotterill Worked their when he was a youngster. He leart his plumbing trade there. Dont remeber many stores ecept one incident when he nefariouly aquired petrol for his motor....... Phill
Back