• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Wager

C

CST

Does anyone out there know any information regarding Harry Wager? I belive that Harry married my great aunt, Elizabeth May Morris - I don't know the date, but in September 1932 I think that they were living in Dean Road Erdington. From reading through other threads I have found that in 1920 there was a Harry Wager living in Aston - could this be the same Harry Wager?

Any informtion however small would be fantastic.
:)

Not much help I guess but I worked with a Mick Wager in the 1960's at Lucas Gt King Street.

105 Slade road,Erdington.

Harry Wager age 43 Waterworks engine driver
Kate age 43
Charles age 23
Lily Marian 20
John herbert 14
Frederick 6
Dorothy 4

Harry Wager married Kate Marston in 1877,perhaps his second marriage was to Elizabeth or perhaps he is related(father ,uncle to your Harry)

Hi CST
My Grandmorthes maiden name was Wager and she was born in Fleet Street Birmingham. Here father was George wager (but i think he had a brother Harry) and her mother was rebecca Painter.
Mt GM married William beharrell and after he dies married ny Grandad Samuel Cotterill

if this helps let me know

Phill Cotterill

Hi.....

There is only one family with the surname of 'Wager' that has lived in Dean Road, Erdington North.....

These are;
1912 Charles
1920 Ellen
1922 Ellen
1925 Ellen
1927 Ellen
1930 Ellen, Harry
1935 John, Ellen (the elder), Ellen (the younger)
1939 John, Ellen, Hilda
1945 John, Ellen, Harry, Harry
1950 Ellen
1955 Ellen

All lived at number 54

if my memory serves me correctly there was a morris family living on the victoria rd aston birmingham 6
during the forties and late fifties just passing whetehead rd on the victoria rd i just cannot just think of her christian name and i did no this morris from way back as i lived at 47 victoria rd
best wishs astonion

Hi,
If the Harry Wager reported by Alberta is your Harry Wager, I Have some information which may be of use to you.
He was christened Charles Harry Wager and was born in 1855. He married Kate Marston in 1877He was the son of George and Emma Wager. He had three brothers and two sisters George, Samuel and Perry, Emily and Clare. Charles Henry Wager had five children, Charles Henry 1878, Lilly 1881,John 1887, Frederick 1895 and Dorathy 1897.
I hope that this is of use to you, best wishes with your research.
Regards
Joff

Back