• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Pamelawagster

1. P

Highcroft hospital

Hi , has anyone any info on the hospital circa 1945 -1949.My grandfather was a patient and died there during this time. I am aware it was a mental hospital. Can anyone tell me how I could obtain his medical records?I am in Manchester so unable to visit Birmingham Archives. Thanks.
  2. P

Which school?

My father and his family lived in Irving St ,Ladywood, has anyone any idea which school they would have attended? It would have been the 1920s/1930s, they weren't catholics.Also are there school records available either on line or elsewhere?Ta,Pam.
  3. P

Longbridge Factory

Anyone know about Lonridge! Grandfather worked there ( not sure if was called Lonridge way back! ).Would there be any employees registers anywhere? Researching Storey/Reader
  4. P

Irving Street

Hi,no idea if that is the same street! All I know is that it was close to the city centre.i have several posts in different threads using family names etc ,thanks for the tip.
  5. P

Irving Street

Anyone know anything about Irving St,this is where my father was born and brought up,I believe the address was something like 'back of ',what would that mean? Do you remember any family names?
  6. P

Storey/Reader,May/Alice/John?/Kay

Hi,Alices birth was registerd JFM quarter 1920 6d 797.Mothers maiden name Noble family living at Irving St at this time. Pam.
  7. P

Storey/Reader,May/Alice/John?/Kay

Looking for Storey and Reader. May Storey married name Reader,Daughter Kay. Alice Storey! (not sure if ever married ) son John. May and Alice both deceased but unable to find records for Mays BMD despite extensive searching online. Have Alices birth but no other records found and nothing on...
Back