• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Out in the sticks Brummy

1. Out in the sticks Brummy

Dentistry past and present in Brum

Mt first dentist was awful he was along the Wellington road he took out in one sitting 4 good teeth because according to him my mouth was over crowded all my teeth came in and I still have four gaps even my wisdom teeth came in with room round them and my mouth bled and bled I had a dreadful...
  2. Out in the sticks Brummy

Westminster Infant/Junior School

The little girl on the second row up with the daisy headband looks like my Mom 2nd in from the left Jean Gregory
  3. Out in the sticks Brummy

Perry Beeches Secondary School

Was that photo taken outside the science lab in the quadrangle I was at Perry Beeches from 69 -74 my brother was at school 62/67
  4. Out in the sticks Brummy

Midlands Electricity Board MEB

Thanks Steve I wonder if there are any more of you from 1967 Jan
  5. Out in the sticks Brummy

Midlands Electricity Board MEB

My brother Cliff (Clifford) Commander did his apprentiship at Summer Lane, anyone remember him. He was most upset when he got verbally attacked on the bus during the power strike, he had his M.E.B donkey jacket on it must have been before he started driving or his car broke down
  6. Out in the sticks Brummy

Commander Gregory Allen and Smith family

Just a couple of rellis I will look on our family tree I have a feeling that its cousins but I will check Jan
  7. Out in the sticks Brummy

Elmdon Airport

Fantastic it was a fab old building and we had some lovely time plane spotting in the 50's 60's
  8. Out in the sticks Brummy

Kynoch's I M I 1950s Onwards

Great pictures so sad that the old firm has gone
  9. Out in the sticks Brummy

Commander Gregory Allen and Smith family

Hi Rodney if you give me your dads or grandads name I will tell you
  10. Out in the sticks Brummy

I had Mrs Baker for needlework and yes if you didn't grasp the subject you saw her exasperation I was a lucky one I could sew and one of my fabric pictures was hung in the school and I helped with putting together some of the costumes for the schools productions and even today I can hear her...
  11. Out in the sticks Brummy

Its with a heavy heart I that I have to inform you of the passing of my Brother Clifford Commander 21/05/2020 He attended Beeches 1962-1966
  12. Out in the sticks Brummy

Late 70s amateur Aerial Photos, city and south to Longbridge

Thats the island that my exhaust fell off my mini in the 1970
  13. Out in the sticks Brummy

Kynoch's I M I 1950s Onwards

Reg Farmbury I think that name rings a bell