• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Out in the sticks Brummy

1. Out in the sticks Brummy

Perry Beeches Secondary School

I have some sad news for Beeches pupils of a certain age Mr Longmore has passed to the geography classroom in the sky 23-12-22
  2. Out in the sticks Brummy

I had a similar thing when I came to school but it wasnt my brother it was his mates. I am on FB under the the name of Judge if you want to find me, A few years ago I bumped into Mr Waddley PE Teacher he was teaching at Christopher Whitehead in Worcester my middle daughter was there. He married...
  3. Out in the sticks Brummy

I was Janice Commander Your brother Martin was in the same year as John Parry and Ron Buswell they used to do the hymm sheets I remember the ropes giving way and they cam crashing down, well it added a bit of excitement for the day. I have popped a few photos for you to look at. Sorry they...
  4. Out in the sticks Brummy

Yes he was like Frazer, He always said to me your a crook like your brother before you except your writing is better but your spelling is worse. I knew that he passed away I think it was the shock of have us riff raff as his final stream. Sorry to hear about Dave, my brother Cliff passed in...
  5. Out in the sticks Brummy

What a great photo. Talat Kahn is next to Mr Cauldicot Fenton is directly behind him, Micheal Harris you can't miss him Paul Phipps sat with him we was in Mr McShanes class they were always in trouble with him. There was Lorreta Lynch Annette ?Margret O Connor Deb Smith and Janet Jones
  6. Out in the sticks Brummy

Westminster Infant/Junior School

Westminster Road school early 30's My Mom is on the photo 3rd row up 2nd in from the right Jean Gregory as she was known then
  7. Out in the sticks Brummy

Lewis's Department Store

Wow the building before Lewis's was very impressive and amazing the finds before the rebuild, fantastic photos
  8. Out in the sticks Brummy

Kynoch's I M I 1950s Onwards

I worked on the ledger in the supply department for Summerfield my claim to fame Dad wanted to go down to Hereford to work for what ever part was near there this was in the 60's he was in the loco sheds so it would be on fleet management
  9. Out in the sticks Brummy

House that Jack Built

I remember going in the shop it had wooden creaky floors Gran said if you can't get what you want from there its not anywhere. Was that the shop with the escalator that had wooden slates as treads and it used to wobble quite aa bit or was that the Bee Hive in town
  10. Out in the sticks Brummy

Greys Department Store

I will see if I can find one as I haven't many of my first wedding
  11. Out in the sticks Brummy

I had Mrs Baker for needlework and yes if you didn't grasp the subject you saw her exasperation I was a lucky one I could sew and one of my fabric pictures was hung in the school and I helped with putting together some of the costumes for the schools productions and even today I can hear her...
Back