• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by oltonmpw

1. O

ALSTON ROAD SCHOOL

Hi, I went to Alston Rd Jnr and Infants School from 1952 to 1959 and then went to Waverley grammar School. I lived in Alston Road and had many friends who went to Saltley. my parents were married at St Pauls by the Reverend Pound. Robert Hill
  2. O

Cheese

Re: Surname Cheese Hi, my mothers sister Ida Osborne married Frank Cheese around 1929 - they lived in the Duddeston area. They had two children but Ida died around 1932. Contact me for more information Rob ********
  3. O

Hill and Godwin

Looking for descendants of Kate Hill b Gloucester 1880 d Birmingham 1957. She married Ernest Gilbert Godwin (1880 - 1959) in 1905 in Aston. They had 2 children - Ernest Gilbert jnr b 1905 and Violet May b 1910. They lived in Perseverance Place Avenue Road Aston 1920 - 1940 ish. Then moved to...
  4. O

Williams family Heneage Street Aston 1900 - 1950

Sorry to add to the confusion of yet another Williams family on this site BUT!! I am looking for descendants of Thomas Henry Williams and his wife Emma Amelia nee Griffiths. Thomas dies before 1920 and Emma Amelia (snr) dies in 1940. Through the census and the electoral role I have found that...
  5. O

William Baker, Birmingham Photographer

I have a photo of my grandmother taken around 1901 by William Baker, Highgate Studios Birmingham. Would like to know the exact address if possible. Rob
  6. O

Bordesley green

Thanks to those who gave me the name Hydes for the faggot and pea shop. It rings no bells so I guess I never knew the name. I can smell and taste the faggots even now but will have to make do with Brains the next time I am in England. Good luck to you all. Rob Hill
  7. O

Bordesley green

Hi Bernie and many thanks for the geography lesson - I remembered what a fool I had made of myself a couple of hours after I posted the reply'. But here is another question to which I would like an answer if possible. Anyone remember the Faggot and Pea shop - somewhere near the 53/54 bus stop...
  8. O

Bordesley green

I remember Direct Coaches, had many a day trip with them in the 1950's-60's. I lived in Alston Road and went to school there before going to Waverley Grammar which was on Camp Hill for the first three years then Waverley road. My memory needs some help here as I am unsure which was Prince Albert...
  9. O

Bordesley green

I too remember Bordesley Green though I lived in Bordesley Green East, Alston Road in fact. The Era cinema must have been the only cinema without a proper balcony. Anyone remember going to the Custard House in Blake Lane - or was it Blakeland Street?? Large garden at the back with a mini...
Back