• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Morturn

1. Morturn

Windows 10

Do you remember that game called Gorilla
  2. Morturn

It's Lloyd's birthday

Happy birthday
  3. Morturn

GEC WITTON WORKS

Interestingly, when they were demolishing the factory, I had a walk over there and you could see how the building was once painted with camouflage colours.
  4. Morturn

GEC WITTON WORKS

Certainly, looks like Witton to me. I spotted the waterworks at Salford Bridge and also recall the Brathwaite tank water tower too. I think they also showed the turbine hall on Electric Avenue.
  5. Morturn

its jayells birthday

Happy birthday, have a super day
  6. Morturn

its mikejees birthday

Happy birthday, have a great day
  7. Morturn

Dawson's Corner Stechford Lane

That’s a good question Viv. I know there was a bank of cigarette machine like these outside the newsagents on Streetly Road – Short Heath Road by the 65 terminus. I recall the shop owner did have keys and would come out if there was a problem or to top the machines up. There may have been some...
  8. Morturn

The Grid Project – In The Footsteps Of Phyllis…

Its nice that Halifax managed to hang onto so many old buildings so its nice when you come across images of places from your childhood past like this. I like seeing images of King Hall Market, like you a place I would spend time with my mum.
  9. Morturn

It's Lyn's (Astoness) birthday

Happy birthday Lyn, have a super day
  10. Morturn

Fleur-de-Lys pies

Ann Muller of The Lizard Pasty Shop used to make amazing pasties
  11. Morturn

Sewage farms

I called into Claymills Victorian Pumping Station, Burton today to have a chat to some of the staff and try to locate a photo I had seen a while back showing the rising mains that distributed the sewage across the farms. Here is it below. Once there was an established link between cholera and...
  12. Morturn

IN OUR GARDEN 2023

Raspberries are quite easy to grow. They can be set against the fence and only need pruning once a year.
  13. Morturn

Woolworths Memories

I do recall reading that Woolworths kept a very standard design to their stores.
  14. Morturn

the Radleys development 1945 to 1950

Is this the tree story block with the curved frontage? It looks like a 60’s build to me judging by the style and crittall windows
  15. Morturn

Sewage farms

I too remember the diesel engine train and the man at the level crossing in Water Orton Lane. He would stop the traffic with his red flag. I have also looked down the grating to see the incoming sewage. The guy at the works said they pull all sorts of stuff out of the grid including a bike once.
Back