• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by mksorsby

1. M

Hughes Biscuits

My Dad worked for Hughes Biscuits, he was a driver, when the 2nd war broke out he left and joined the army, he would have worked there sometime from1930 to 1939. He never took a driving test in those days and was a driver all his life.
  2. M

St Andrews School Ada Road School

Thank you Viv.. I will try to contact the education authority for the area. It's nice to find these things out. I don't live at all near Birmingham, I am in North Yorkshire, so getting info. from people who are so helpful is wonderful.
  3. M

Thank you for the information, Do you know if there are any records to view of pupils that attended. I never knew my Grandparents or any of the family in Birmingham. My Dad just never talked about his family, although he did attend the funeral of his father with my Mother in 1963 and I did go...
  4. M

Ada road school memorial.

It is interesting reading the notes, I think my Dad could have gone to this school. Would there be any records saves as to who had attended. My Dad was Walter Wentworth Morris born 16th Sept. 1915 so he was perhaps at the school from 1920.
  5. M

I have found it thank you
  6. M

Please can you help me get to the schools section, I am not good with the computer, sorry just getting old
  7. M

Please can anyone help my find the schools my dad would have attended, He lived 245 St. Andrews Road Aston, he was born 1915. He pass his school cert. exam. but his dad said he couldn't go to grammar school because he couldn't afford the things he would need.
  8. M

Morris Burials

Thankyou very much for your help
  9. M

Morris Burials

I am trying to find if my Uncles were buried, William Henry Morris b, 1909 and d.1909 and then Stanley Mertin Morris b.1910 qnd d. 1914 both children of Henry and Ada Morris of St, Andrews Road Aston, thankyou
  10. M

Grandma's Shop name Morris

Hi, I am not sure if there was signage over the shop, they lived at the same place 245 St. Andrews Road from 1906 until Granddad Henry died in 1963 Grandmother died in 1952 so maybe the shop no was longer in use. I just don't know any details, sorry
  11. M

Could I please ask if anyone has a photo of 245 St Andrews Road, this was my Grand Parents shop and I would love to see a picture of it if possible, thank you in anticipation
  12. M

That is very interesting, it sounds rather barbaric. Thank you for the information.I am sorry I never got to Birmingham, I would have liked to have seen where my dad was born and brought up, My dad was a driver and I believe he worked for Hughes Bicuits at one time. He was also a milkman...
  13. M

Thankyou I do have many years of searching and a lot on my Grandparents but not knowing them is a bit of a disappointment to me. I do wonder if my father was the son of the lodger as he has the lodgers name as his second Christian name. Henry is on his birth cert. but maybe there could have been...
  14. M

Thank you very much, I know very little of this side of my family, my dad would not have anything to do with his father. There must have been reasons he would not discuss.
Back