• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by MiriamB

1. MiriamB

Bradley [Bradders]

Dear Jean. Are you getting this email - james seems to have found my emails. Miriam,
  2. MiriamB

Springhill Ice rink Summerhill Road

Arthur Ambridge is still around and we are in touch with him. My husband worked at Alexanders too. his name Albert Banner. Do you remember him. Miriam.
  3. MiriamB

The Blitz

I remember the bombing of Birmingam - I was eight years. We had a bomb [oil bomb] enter the front window and split open on my mother settee. We were evacuated but never returned to that house. Next door to us was raised to the ground and there was a death of a young f ire man. It was...
  4. MiriamB

Kingstanding

Too True, Jean. He's washing up for me now. Luv. Miriam.
  5. MiriamB

Kingstanding

Hello Phil. Remember the drill hall - When I was a 'Gel' many moons ago - I remember going to a dance there. I knew a certain person would be going so I dressed my self 'up to the nines' - He never batted an eyelid! didn't fancy me, I expect but I still remember himto day.!!!!!!!! Miriam.
  6. MiriamB

Kingstanding

Hello Phil. Yes. I remember the Co Op milk depot.. and if I am right, later on the building became something to do with income tax ..... very vague, but a friend of those years ago used to work there. Miriam.
  7. MiriamB

Kingstanding

HELLO MOHARK. i REMEMBER THE VIEW ON THE PICTURE VERY WELL - SO MANY COLD MORNINGS T TAKE MY BROTHERS TO THE NURSARY BEFORE GOING TO SCHOOL. mIRIAM.
  8. MiriamB

Kingstanding

Hello Skelly - I used to take my two younger brothers to a childs nursery in Good Way Road - just off Hawthorn road before I went to Dulwich Rd. Sec, School. Miriam.
  9. MiriamB

Kynoch's I M I 1950s Onwards

Hello Mike. Sorry to hear about your arm / shoulder. Al and I still plod along, I agree with you about 'those happy days' We were like a large family. Don't like this getting old. You must be quite fit to cycle that distance - carry on cycling!!!!! Miriam.
  10. MiriamB

Hello Mike. Haven't been well of late so haven't been on the forum but am now trying to catch up on all my emails. It's lovely to hear from you. Miriam.
  11. MiriamB

What did you wear?

I too remember the Mickey Mouse Gasmask - my baby brother {76 now] had to use one and my next brotyher to me [74] had a large black thing he had to be put inyp. Also remember the/a warden telling me to put an old sock on the nose piece of my otdinary gas mask. I still wonder if they were any...
  12. MiriamB

Sutton Park

Like your pictures, Dave. Al and I didn't venture out today. Miriam.
  13. MiriamB

Thanks Jean. Al knew Bob Trueman straight away - he can remember faces but not names. Hope you are OK? Miriam.
  14. MiriamB

Hello Gaz, Miriam here. Don't have much time for the computer now but saw your message [and Jean's] a few minutes ago. Al seems delighted that someone remembers him. He knew the names you mentioned in your post. He is quite forgetful now but still makes the best 'cup of tea in...
  15. MiriamB

Kingstanding

I remember Bywaters too. Miriam
Back