• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Lynda Coles

1. Lynda Coles

Manor Park School Vicarage Road

Thank you Jean for latest information. Would Dorothy perhaps talk to me on this forum- are you in touch with her? I have just found all our previous messages- sorry I forgot you there for a moment. :oops:
  2. Lynda Coles

I should mention that I attended Manor Park 1960 onwards.
  3. Lynda Coles

Hi, I started to use this forum some months ago and due to 'circumstances lost touch again. I was trying to contact Mrs Bond I can't remember who repied to me. My name is Lynda Coles. If you have any connection or interaction with her or any of the other teachers please let me know. Best wishes.
  4. Lynda Coles

Many thanks Jean, good luck.
  5. Lynda Coles

Thank you Jean for trying - I appreciate your efforts. I seem to remember the name Mrs Lowe. This is like a detective story! Can you post the photo? :-)
  6. Lynda Coles

Hi, thank you for that. I'm afraid that I don't recall Miss Byatt/ Goldigay. I did rememberanother friend called Frances Millard. There was another P.E. teacher who was great friends with Miss Reynolds at the time but I can't think of her name. She was very good fun as was Miss Reynolds.
  7. Lynda Coles

Hi Jean, Thank you for such a prompt reply. This is quite amazing to 'chat' to someone from all the way back then. I am very saddened to hear about Janet. However I am glad to hear that she had what sounds like a fulfilling career. I too became a teacher after leaving Bourneville Art school to...
  8. Lynda Coles

Hello all, My name is Lynda Coles. I hope someone sees this thread because all the comments seem to be quite old. I attended Manor Park Secondary in the 1960s. Miss Plant reigned supreme together with a deputy whose name I cannot remember and Miss Roper, Mrs Bond, Miss Shirley and Miss Reynolds...
Back