• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Lynac

1. L

Smallpox hospital...

I lived in Hurlingham road until 1975 . It’s so different now all Kingstanding is.
  2. L

Boars Head Inn

I remember the Boars Head for its brilliant Steaks . We used to go there a lot in the yearly 70’s Its an all you can eat restaurant now . Boars Head World Buffet
  3. L

Smallpox hospital...

All this makes sense to me now. We lived in Hurlingham rd and walked down to Warren farm through the prefabs where my Aunt lived then through the gullies . Not sure where we were going though , maybe the cinema .
  4. L

Smallpox hospital...

I would love to learn more about the Smallpox hospital in the Perry common area I have a memory of being out with my Nan as a small child and seeing it . She told me I was never to go near it . That would probably be late 50’s We lived in Kingstanding.
  5. L

Carter Alfred Victor

Thank you for trying I really do appreciate it.
  6. L

Carter Alfred Victor

I cannot believe there is no trace of him at all . I have been trying to find him for over a year. The only thing I can think of is. He was born to an unmarried mother. Either took her maiden name which was later changed to Carter . Or he was Adopted. So registered in a different name. Then...
  7. L

Carter Alfred Victor

I just got It but it says on the cert name of informant was Robert Carter(son). The Son's address in York. Which is the same name as my Dad. So unless he had 2 sons named Robert it isn't him. Thank you for your help.
  8. L

Carter Alfred Victor

Any info about My Grandad Alfred Victor Carter and his father Alexander Carter please. He was aged 25 married to Lily Harding aged 24 .... 28th July 1923 they had 5 children and they lived in various places around the Aston and Erdington area until they moved to Lambeth road Kingstanding in...
Back