• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

johnny082's latest activity

• J
    johnny082 replied to the thread Shops in King Edwards Road.
    Don't want to go off thread but the signs on the side of that shop bring back so many memories. Reckitts Blue and Cherry Blossom...
  • J
    johnny082 replied to the thread In The Garden 2021.
    Lovely to see them enjoying things like that. We have a Blackbird that comes every day, including when the pool was frozen over two...
  • J
    Thanks Warren for work you do. Like Janice means nothing to me [might to our 5 year old great granddaughter] . Just need our daily 'fix'.
  • J
    johnny082 replied to the thread Covid vaccination process.
    Amazed to hear this morning that my son and his wife have been given appointments for next Wednesday for their jabs in Walsall. He is 50...
  • J
    johnny082 replied to the thread In The Garden 2021.
    Glad the snow has gone here in the West Midlands enabling me to plant out some Column Fruit trees I had delivered yesterday. Can't...
  • J
    johnny082 replied to the thread Occupations - Disappeared.
    Long way off thread again, but 'Chilblains' brings back memories - but rather use Zam-Buk [another memory
  • J
    johnny082 replied to the thread Battery Power.
    We also used to take the accumulator as we called them, to be charged up at a shop on Slade Road Can you imagine allowing young kids...
  • J
    Re: Central Heating. Don't know if right thread for this. Got up this morning to find no central heating on and not even hot water from...
  • J
    Yes, thanks Lyn. Tried again this morning but says video not available. Looked at the stills from Sparks instead. Glad i don't live or...
  • J
    Tried watching video but after waiting 10 mins for it to load gave up
  • J
    johnny082 replied to the thread Covid vaccination process.
    When I had mine at Walsall Wood leisure centre I was given the Pfizer, [reminds when doing national service and put on a Fizzer],. My...
  • J
    Until I saw this map I did not realise the unconsecrated ground was so large. Anyone know how they decided it and indeed what is the...
  • J
    johnny082 replied to the thread Rover Sd1.
    All this talk of grinding in valves brings back memories. Only threw out a tin of Chemico grinding paste and my stick a few months ago...
  • J
    That is almost what I am about to have now, bacon, sausage fried egg, beans/ tomatoes/spaghetti, and of course fried bread. When I hear...
  • J
    johnny082 replied to the thread Wolseley Car History.
    It's amazing what you remember when your mind is jogged. An uncle of mine, Frank Pendle worked at Wolseley cutting and stitching the...