• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

johnny082's latest activity

• J
    johnny082 replied to the thread My Nan's sayings.
    Nico saying about someone talking too much reminded me of what used to be said "They've been vaccinated with a gramophone needle"
  • J
    johnny082 replied to the thread My Nan's sayings.
    Suddenly thought this morning whilst taking my daily dose of vitamins of what they used to say when I was a kid and they felt exhausted...
  • J
    johnny082 replied to the thread Covid vaccination process.
    Certainly an interesting article OldMohawk. How thankful we should be for the skill and dedication of all involved
  • J
    johnny082 replied to the thread In The Garden 2021.
    Our Polyanthus have also done well this year, as in fact all the other stuff. Wish I could sing my head off like your blackbird Pedro.
  • J
    johnny082 replied to the thread Things kids say..
    Presenter on radio this morning said he went shopping with his lad on Saturday and whilst looking around the veg. stall asking what they...
  • J
    Thanks for your pics Steve, they are great
  • J
    Re Pedro post 120 - you would have thought they would have had to polish their wellingtons for the inspection ! Haha. Not sure when it...
  • J
    johnny082 replied to the thread Covid vaccination process.
    Had my second Pfizer Saturday evening. Well organised again. Felt a little more tired than usual yesterday but no other problems at all
  • J
    johnny082 replied to the thread Adverts of yesteryear..
    Not exactly the advert but does anyone remember a product, not sure whether something like Virol that had a picture of two girls on the...
  • J
    johnny082 replied to the thread Hobbies 2021.
    Anyone ever played the Stylophone. I used to but havn't used itr for years. Can anyone remember who it was that used to play it on TV ?
  • J
    johnny082 replied to the thread Census 2021.
    As far as I am aware every house in the country is sent a form and there should be no need to request one. It is stated on the form that...
  • J
    johnny082 replied to the thread Census 2021.
    They were discussing this years census on the radio this morning and someone asked about when the 1921 Census would be available...
  • J
    We havn't had any frogs for many years since that disease killed off many. However my wife found some last year in our 'bottom' garden...
  • J
    johnny082 replied to the thread Haircuts now and then.
    Talking of having a hair cut when you started work brings back memories. I was 15 when I started work and soon after went to a barbers...
  • J
    Wow! That cutting brings back memories. Every Sunday morning, before and during the war, my brother and I used to go up to those...