• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by jjgriffin

1. J

Lozells Road, Shops, Pubs, Businesses etc

Hi jules i don't know if you still peruse this forum, but i picked up on T Elvins and Sons, i worked for them in the late 60,s my brother in law david myatt got me a job as an improver brickie, my first job was in walsall at sydney brown's furniture shop, then the new boiler house for sandwell...
  2. J

Wrensons

hi pebab, i also worked at wrensons around 1965, i was at the bearwood branch, i cant remember the managers name, i did the bacon cutting and ham boning, unwrapping the big cheeses, i also used to deliver the groceries to the posh people up lightwoods hill on the bike, i remember once being sent...
  3. J

James F Naylor

i am pretty sure it was Nova Scotia
  4. J

James F Naylor

Can anyone trace the above name for me, i know he was a navigator on Lancasters towards the end of WW2, he did his training in Canada and he showed me a picture and one of his mates was Bert Weedon (Guitarist and Teacher), he said he was involved in missions over Dresden and took no pleasure...
  5. J

Hockley

thanks for the pics carolina, very interesting, my girlfriend and wife now of 43 years lived in a back to back in Park road, with the entry in Whitmore street, would you have a picture of the top right of Whitmore street by any chance, thanks john
  6. J

Whitmore Street

hi again lyn, how can i access your pictures, thanks john
  7. J

Whitmore Street

Hi master brummie, like the picture, it looks like the opposite side of the road to where eva lived,you had to go through a gate to get to the back to back houses which were backed onto park road, cheers john
  8. J

Whitmore Street

Hi Lyn thanks for replying, i didnt live there but Eva my wife lived there in the fifties and sixties
  9. J

Whitmore Street

Hi everyone, has anyone pictures of Whitmore St Hockley, 50's - 60's, many thanks john
Back