• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

James F Naylor

jjgriffin

Brummie babby
Can anyone trace the above name for me, i know he was a navigator on Lancasters towards the end of WW2, he did his training in Canada and he showed me a picture and one of his mates was Bert Weedon (Guitarist and Teacher), he said he was involved in missions over Dresden and took no pleasure from it when he saw the destruction caused, he later after the war was doing mine-sweeping flying 60 feet above i presume the North Sea or the Atlantic, not sure, Fred as we knew him was a true gentleman and lived opposite us in Aldridge, would like to look at his war records as he was always reluctant to talk about his exploits, Thanks john

Hi there jjgriffin. My father in law was an Aircraft Mechanic, stationed in Canada during the war at a place called Red Deer. I will be seeing him tomorrow so I will ask him if he has any knowledge of James F Naylor. Where in Canada was he stationed? I know there were a lot of bases over there but you never know. Good luck with your search.
jimbo

Hi John,

Usually i would advise contacting the RAF but to do this you would have to "qualify" to obtain this information,
His service records can only be accessed by a member of his family who has to "prove" their entitlement so if
you know a family member this is the way to proceed.

To obtain my fathers & his brothers WW2 records i had to send their birth certificates & my birth certificate to
Army Historical Disclosures, Brown Street, Glasgow, paid £50 then waited 8 months until i got them.

There is an equivalent RAF records office (address escapes me at present) but the issue of "qualification" needs
ascertaining first,
Other "forces" folks on here may know another way to search your (And our) hero,
Good luck John

i am pretty sure it was Nova Scotia
Hi there jjgriffin. My father in law was an Aircraft Mechanic, stationed in Canada during the war at a place called Red Deer. I will be seeing him tomorrow so I will ask him if he has any knowledge of James F Naylor. Where in Canada was he stationed? I know there were a lot of bases over there but you never know. Good luck with your search.
jimbo

Back