• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by illumina3

1. I

prospect place handsworth and angelsey street lozells

Update! I finally got to check this with my mom over Christmas and she can remember a few of the names. Back row: unknown (possibly a Bell?); John Moffat; unknown; unknown; Irene Garfield; Diane Paul; my mom Jean Price. Front Row: Rita Moffat; unknown; unknown; Graham Garfield. Does anyone...
  2. I

Harrington marriage

Hi Lyn, according to FreeBMD the marriage was in the Aston reg district (Sep 1841). Can't find it on Ancestry at all.
  3. I

I'll have to ask my mom if she remembers any names. This would have been taken late 40s.
  4. I

William Street...Lozells

Thanks so much for these, my great-grandparents lived on William Street just down from the Gough Arms between at least 1935 and 55, it's wonderful to see how it looked.
  5. I

Hi, I can see it's been a while, but my mom was born at 8 Prospect Place (and she was a Price!). I have a photo of a group of children from the late 40s from that area, if anyone is interested.
  6. I

Sherbourne Mill / Baldwin & Sons Paper Mill

Wonderful, thank you!
  7. I

Royal Warwickshire Regiment

Since my original posting of the photo seems to have disappeared, here it is again. And this is my great-uncle, Harold Francis Griffiths:
  8. I

Sherbourne Mill / Baldwin & Sons Paper Mill

Does anyone have a photo (preferably old) of Sherbourne Paper Mill in Kings Norton? Ideally I'm looking for a 19th century image, but anything will do if it's of the buildings from that period. My great great grandfather William Davis worked and died in an accident there. thanks in advance!
  9. I

Price, WW1 photo - Help?!

Ooh, thanks for that information JohnO, I was wondering what the 'twig' was all about!
  10. I

Thank you Suzanne, I really appreciate what you've been able to find for me.
  11. I

That must be him!! He was always down as Harry, even on birth and marriage certs, but maybe the Army assumed it was a nickname! Wow, thanks Suzanne - do you know if the records are on Ancestry... where did you find that?!
  12. I

Thanks everyone. I've already had a look at the Great War forum - I've been posting this photo all over the place in attempts to get some info! The shape of his cap badge does look like the RAMC one... but I've found it also looks like the Army Veterinary Corps one, which would fit in with the...
  13. I

Yep, that's exactly the problem. There are quite a few medal roll cards that could apply to him, but without even knowing what regiment he was in...
  14. I

Oh, should probably have said also that he was born in 1879.
  15. I

If anyone could help with this I'd be incredibly grateful. This is my great-grandfather, Harry Price, in his uniform, taken in France in about 1915 or 1916 (so I'm told). The back of the postcard confirms it was French, but there's no stamp or postmark. It was sent to his sister in Rugby. He...
Back