• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Greyhound21

1. G

Blakesley Hall

Hi Are you still on here? Did you find your relation to Charles Hopkins? Charles Hopkins is my GG Grandfather.
  2. G

61-64 Ludgate Hill, Birmingham

Interesting to see the pictures, i presume Phillip Harris bought out Standley Belcher, scientific instrument makers at some point.....Standley Belcher was my Grandfathers brother, the last document relating to Standley i have is in 1918.... nothing to do with the buildings. Nice to see where...
  3. G

Blakesley Hall

Hi Lisa Corrrection In case you are still on here thanks to your post I realised my mistake .... my GGndmother is Elizabeth Hopkins....b.1841 d.1922. m. William Belcher. There is a Standley Belcher, brother of my Gndfther so it all makes sense now! The sisters I mentioned are on my other Belcher...
  4. G

Blakesley Hall

Hi jenny Are you still on here? I have a family line to Hopkins of Blakesley but i wont go on as i see it was a few years ago now! Thanks Robert
  5. G

Blakesley Hall

Hi Hoping to visit Blakesley Hall on Saturday again after 45 years. Just in case anyone has a family tree which helps it would be nice to know how the Hopkins family in my tree fit with the Hopkins who rented the hall. My Great gndmother was Hannah Hopkins d. 1922 in Birm.who married William T...
Back