• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by gpcooke

1. G

Birmingham City Police Cadets 1966-1968

I was in the cadets 1975 to 1976 and we spent four weeks in the Summer of 76 trekking around Wales, suffice to say we all ended up with a good tan before returning home.
  2. G

Gas House Tavern Crawford Street Saltley

It was called"The Gas House" I my parents ran it for a short whilein 1964 to 1965
  3. G

Park Lane...Aston

Do you by any chance remember the Ward family?
  4. G

Park Lane...Aston

We moved to the Shareholders, from the Princess Royal in 1967/8 and left there in 1971 (Maud and Gerry Cooke now deceased)
  5. G

Park Lane...Aston

I cant be sure, but I do believe that this is picture of the old Shareholders arms, prior to redevelopment as if you compare it to some of the other pictures on here it would appear to be Potters Lane on the left
  6. G

Park Lane...Aston

In the Middle Picture, just out of shot would have been the Shareholders Arms. This is a similar shot but years later
  7. G

Park Lane...Aston

I believe that the one picture is of the old 'Shareholder Arms' with Potter Lane to the left and Potters Hill to the right before its redevelopment in the 60's, if so vary rare
  8. G

Park Lane...Aston

Its now a Mosque
  9. G

Park Lane...Aston

Lovely Photo and nice to see the people that lived in the Shareholders before my Mom and Dad took over the pub in 1967, Maud and Gerry Cooke.
  10. G

Then & Now

Hay Mills Police Station was originally just a couple of houses, then in 1901/2 this was built. At the Time Hay Mills was part of Worcestershire, and to this day the Worcestershire Coat of Arms is still displayed on the front of the building. It wasn't until about 1912 that it became part of...
  11. G

Then & Now

12. G

Princess Royal Pub, 292 Victoria Rd, Aston

1964-1966 Gerry and Maud Cooke
  13. G

Princess Royal Pub, 292 Victoria Rd, Aston

My Parents ran the pub from 1964 to 1966. Gerry and Maud Cooke
Back