• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Gerry Cannell

1. Gerry Cannell

Park Lane...Aston

Come to think of it, Alf's wife had a Hairdressers on one side of the alley he had his garage in. Thanks. Must have been further up Park Lane..
  2. Gerry Cannell

Park Lane...Aston

Unsure...was ALF Lloyds Garage down the entry next to the chip shop? Or was it down another entry further along?
  3. Gerry Cannell

Perry Beeches Secondary School

OMG! I was there. Mr. Waterton was the headmaster.....Thanks for the memory!
  4. Gerry Cannell

Booths Farm

Calshot Road boy.
  5. Gerry Cannell

Then & Now

I love these old pictures Then and Now, they evoke such great memories of Birmingham as I knew and loved her...
  6. Gerry Cannell

fish and chip shops

Just to clarify. The REAL and Tasty faggots were BRAINS. The NEW and yukky ones are called MR. BRAINS. Progress ah? I don't think so.
  7. Gerry Cannell

Birmingham buses

Thanks. Just what Showmen did with the old buses, bought them cheap, and used them for sleeping in AND as power for lights and rides. If only they had been kept.....progress eh!
  8. Gerry Cannell

Crossroads programme

Just in case you didn't know, Jane is suffering from Dementia, and is quite frail these days. I see her quite regularly, and we speak, but she is not very well bless her. Thanks. Gerry
  9. Gerry Cannell

St Margarets Hospital - Great Barr

I went to Beeches Road school, and have mentioned this before. I recall the murder, and as we were not far from the Asylum, we had to hurry straight home after the school closed for the day.
  10. Gerry Cannell

Lewis's Department Store

The ROOF TOP ZOO was a favourite in the fifties for us kids.
  11. Gerry Cannell

Teddy Sandfords cafe smethwick

Both my Dad and my son, had trials for The Baggies. My dad, was Harry Taylor, and he played for HANDSWORTH WEDNESDAY, and that is where he was spotted for a tr-out with them. Sadly the war interveened. My son Mark was playing for LUCAS FC and had a trial at Spring Road, under Roy Horobin, sadly...
  12. Gerry Cannell

Teddy Sandfords cafe smethwick

Thanks Lloyd. Brilliant!
  13. Gerry Cannell

Lewis's Department Store

A Bradfords Bread delivery fpr someone, in a Commer Van. Happy bygone times.
  14. Gerry Cannell

Car Parade in New Street

The run that started it all, was organized by Martin Hone. Here is the advert for it.
  15. Gerry Cannell

Coldstream Guards

The dreaded JAN HOOPER: Here he is again, with the young 'uns at Pirbright, where he was I/c Juniors.
Back