• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by GEOFFREY

1. G

Windows 8.1

Can anyone help please, I`am having trouble opening Apps in Windows 8.1 to the desktop also the cursor has vanished !! Many thanks Geoffrey.
  2. G

Skype camera

Thanks Phil for your time. Geoffrey.
  3. G

Skype camera

Thank you Jukebox have managed to purchase one, many thanks. Geoffrey
  4. G

Skype camera

Can anyone help me find a Skype camera model --AN-VC500 to go with a Smart TV ? All home based stores seem to be sold out and I will not buy from abroad. Thanks for your help. Geoffrey.
  5. G

Computer help please.

Thank you Bernie for the link.hope to progress from there. also thank you Jukebox for your comments. Geoffrey.
  6. G

Computer help please.

Bernie thank you for your reply,the antivirus I am running isMcAfee and yes I did do a MS check for compatibility but not being a expert sometimes things are missed that shouldn`t be. Geoffrey.
  7. G

Computer help please.

Two days ago downloaded Windows 8 as a upgrade for my Windows 7,but the problem I`am having is that the screen keeps freezing after about two hours of use, I then have to switch off and then sign back in again,do I now need another Anti Virus or will the original one be ok ?as it now tells me it...
  8. G

Jamaica Row

Hi Jimbo Was W.Daniel & Son situated in Jamaica Row beneath Dick Eales the bookies were your brother worked ? I worked for A.R.Pillar in 5th Avenue for a number of years then for John Denis and ending up at Francis Nicholls,the early years full of fun but as time went on it became...
  9. G

Skype warning.

Thank you to Carolina & Jennyann for your help it is as you say a scam so have taken steps to prevent it happening again. Geoffrey.
  10. G

Skype warning.

Just had a call from Skype saying my system was working slowly please go to WWW,SWRP.COM COULD THIS BE ANOTHER SCAM? Geoffrey.
  11. G

No startup with computor.

Jukebox thanks for your advice taken on board. Geoffrey.
  12. G

Thanks Sue. Not my day I`am afraid just posted another query. Geoffrey.
  13. G

Yes it was a CD disc Mike,its still working so will leave well alone !!! Geoffrey
  14. G

Thanks everyone problem sorted not sure how inserted disc pressed differnt keys and things began to happen,so for the moment PC up and running but with loss of data,but at least it is working !!!! Geoffrey.
  15. G

Jukebox, Running Windows 7 on a touch screen desktop. Geoffrey.
Back