• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by fergie

1. fergie

St Judes Church Hill Street

The Haunch in 1925
  2. fergie

I use to work opposite The Haunch and it’s only now that I’m learning that it was a farm. Rumours had it that it was a Covent. It was demolished approximately 1985.
  3. fergie

4. fergie

Pub in Key Hill?

The Map you have here looks very much like one I posted on here regarding my 4 x great grandfather John Bartlett 1788 - 1858. John Bartlett owned Bartlett Buildings the property along with other property was put up for sale in 1881. You mention Phil B as being the original post.
  5. fergie

The Gypsys Tent or The Badgers Sett

Thank you for all your help, the information I found was sale of property advertised in the Birmingham Daily Post 1881 it made references to property that was owned by John Bartlett including an earlier reference I had made regarding Trinity Cottage which according to the advert was opposite...
  6. fergie

The Gypsys Tent or The Badgers Sett

I have recently discovered that my great great Grandfather John Bartlett my have owned a pub known as The Gypsys Tent which I believe may be the Badgers Sett. I had previously learnt from his will that he had property on Hagley Hill but had not been able to establish this. I found property for...
  7. fergie

High Street Deritend

I've recently found an advertisement in the Birmingham Daily Post 1874 advertising John Bartlett the Manufacturer of the Newly invented Hop Press. The address is given as 9 Court Opposite the Old Crown Deritend. I believe this to be John Bartlett Jnr.
  8. fergie

Swanshurst School Site

Alfred Bartletts date of birth 21st May 1863
  9. fergie

Swanshurst School Site

When Edith Bartlett died in 1922 the family were living at 247 Highgate Road Sparkbrook Birmingham
  10. fergie

Swanshurst School Site

Hi Doug I never thought to give you all the information here goes Alfred Bartlett was living at 2/287 Highgate Road Sparkbrook Birmingham but he died in the Workhouse Infirmary Selly Oak Birmingham of cancer of the tonsils. When
  11. fergie

Swanshurst School Site

I found my Great great grandmothers name on the Brandwood End Cemetery Sarah Ann Bartlett (nee Notley) I had already discovered that she was buried in the unmarked grave area there. My Great grandfather Alfred Bartlett her son died 25th Aug 1913 is also buried in these unmarked graves and my...
  12. fergie

Agatha Stacey Homes

Hi I realise that it has been some time since this was originally posted. Agatha Stacey in Rednal Eachway Lane was part of Monyhull Hospital when it closed in 1985/6. People with Learning Disabilities lived there at that time, but I beleieve that its use was predominantly for women in the...
  13. fergie

Middlemore and Monyhull

Its probably been a little while since you have posted this. Besides Monyhull Hospital there were other homes located on Monyhull Hall Road that belong to Monyhull and generally these were used to transfer people who were able to live a little more independently the cottage and the Trostrey...
  14. fergie

Underhill family

I have been making fair progress with my Underhill connection, having discovered that three of my Nans siblings were in Cottage Homes/workhouse. Rosina and Alice her two younger sisters were in Marston Green in1911, George Henry was born in Dudley Road. Rosina Underhill died a spinster in...
  15. fergie

Bartlett Family

I am descended from Bartletts, my grandfather was Charles, married to Jane Underhill, his father Alfred married to Leah Taylor, they lived in Highgate Road Alfred died in 1913 but Leah lived until 1953. Alfreds father was William married to a Somerset girl Sarah Ann Notley, and his father was...
Back