• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by dtye

1. D

Birmingham Newspapers

Thanks for your help - I'll follow it up. Deb
  2. D

Birmingham Newspapers

Hello there, I am not sure where I need to be with this question so I'll just ask, On September 16th 1916 Caroline G.M.Rogers married Ivor B.Needham, this was a double wedding with Charles William Rogers & Lola Enid Needham. It took place at the Parish Church of St.Oswald, Bordesley. I'm...
  3. D

Medal card lookup for Charles William Rogers

Hi Ron (or should that be Gooday!!) Lovely to hear from you, we must presumably be related, but that's too complicated for me to work out. I'm not sure what exactly you want, I can tell you straight away that Louisa Ellen Rogers is Lola Enid. The age on her marriage certificate is wrong, she...
  4. D

Malvern Convalescent Home

My grandfather Charles William Rogers was sent here after he was invalided out of WW1, does anyone know anything about this place? I would be grateful for any information - Thank you
  5. D

Medal card lookup for Charles William Rogers

Dear Ron Rogers, Charles William Rogers and Lola Enid Rogers were my grand parents - I may have some extra information for you Regards Deborah
  6. D

Help in finding an old soldier

Hi Barrie, I'm using Ancestry to help with this and the info just comes up with Bedfordshire it doesn't state which, but I'm still getting nothing. If he was a soldier before the war, where would I look for info, do you have any ideas? Thanks again for your thoughts
  7. D

11th Bedfordshire Regiment

Thanks Brummie Nick, I have looked at this but again, there is no mention of the 11th Beds?? I'm hoping someone out there might be able to shed some light on this for me. Thanks again
  8. D

Hi again, What does that mean exactly? I thought that Territorial service was something that you volunteered to do as well as working. I have been trying to find out more about the 11 Bed.Regt listed on the Absent Voters list, is this the Bedfordshire Regiment? If so, I can't find anything...
  9. D

11th Bedfordshire Regiment

Does anyone out there know if this was (I'm talking about 1918) an amalgamation of regiments? I'm looking for info on Pte.Charles William Rogers 242220 and can't find anything. I have looked on a couple of websites about the Bedfordshire Regiment but I am drawing a blank? Any help or advice...
  10. D

Hi again, To explain a little more, my Grandad Charles W.Rogers married his sweetheart who lived next door Louisa Ellen Needham, both her brothers appear on the 1918 Absent Voters List that you kindly posted. I have checked and got copies of their Medal Rolls Index Cards but I cannot find...
  11. D

Hello Barrie, On the medals it says G-59023 Pte.C.W.Rogers Midd'x R. This is why I was confused about the Bed.Regt connection. Regards Deborah
  12. D

Hello again, Thank you very, very much for your help. The addresses certainly tie-in with my info. I had no idea he was in the Bedfordshire Regiment, my info is Middlesex Regiment. I will follow this lead. Thank you again.
  13. D

Hi again, It is him!! Thank you so much, you have told me more in one email than I have been able to find in ages! I have a question though, his medal roll shows his as being in the Middlesex Regiment. When he enlisted presumably with others from BSA what regiment did they join, where there...
  14. D

My grandfather's name was Charles William Rogers although in the family I remember him being referred to as Will. He was married in 1916 and his address at that time was 145 Waverley Road. Thank you
  15. D

Hi, I am new to this so please forgive me if I am in the wrong bit. I am trying to research my grandfather, he worked at BSA and then went off to fight in WW1. I have his medals, pip, squeak & wilfred so I also have his regiment. Unfortunately, his medal roll tells me nothing so I am now...
Back