• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by DAJ

1. D

Price Street

My Gt Gt Grandfather lived in Court 14 Price Street in the early 1800s. He was a Jennings : he met a female member of the Brain family, who also lived in Price Street, and they got married. The Brains had moved to Birmingham from the Bristol area in the 1830s. I have been meaning to visit the...
  2. D

'Old' Yardley Wood School

Not council-owned I take it?
  3. D

Thanks everyone.
  4. D

I see. It appeared to be boarded up. Do you know where the original Yardley Wood School was situated?
  5. D

Thanks. As you drive along the Yardley Wood Road from the roundabout near Billesley Fire Station towards Swanshurst Road, there is an old building set well back on the left and virtually invisible unless you know it is there at SP089815.
  6. D

Hello. Does anyone know if the old buildings set back off Yardley Wood Road near Swanshurst Pool is the original Yardley Wood school which was replaced by modern buildings some time ago? Thanks.
  7. D

Waverley Court, Wake Green Road Moseley.

Does anyone have any information relating to a very large, former house, now flats, called Waverley Court close to the junction of Wake Green Road and Grove Avenue, Moseley. There is a large nameplate on the building and it looks like it must have been owned by someone with a lot of money. Thanks.
  8. D

Hall Green Library

Thanks.
  9. D

Hall Green Library

Tha That looks big!! Thanks.
  10. D

Hall Green Library

Thanks. So I wonder who owned the nurseries into the 1950s and who were the Bevins?
  11. D

Hall Green Library

Thanks again.
  12. D

Hall Green Library

Thanks.The plot thickens. The history of the house sounds very interesting. It was obviously never saved. I wonder why?
  13. D

Hall Green Library

Thanks.
  14. D

Hall Green Library

Thanks very much. 1955/6/7 could well have been when the land was sold. The library was opened in 1962.
  15. D

Hall Green Library

I noticed the lake, but that land was consumed in house building.
Back