• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by charliefox

1. C

Searching for Wilfred Crofts

Could only find 'Start conversations with you' rather than 'allow.' Clicked on members only. Does this mean I have to send a new message now?
  2. C

when you say enter title that is my login name...charliefox?
  3. C

Not quite sure I get the instructions for private message system! When I click on the envelope on the main page I am asked to begin a conversation and when I enter Elisha evans nothing much happens. Is the private message system different? Chris
  4. C

Can you put me in contact with your Mum or Wilfred himself? You must understand that certain questions would need to be answered correctly and documentation produced. I note you only joined today at 5.30pm. Why was that?
  5. C

My late brother, David Fairhurst, was so fond of Wilfred Crofts, that he left him a modest bequest in his Will. Wilfred, who in 1986, when the Will was written, was living at 44 Douglas road, Acocks green B27 6HP, was a well known Clairvoyant and helped my brother to become a medium in time...
  6. C

Swallow Raincoats

Yes, my dad being the Export manager, the plan was for me to work in all departments and become 'managment'. I did study clothing related courses part time at Dudley and ended up working for the designer turning his initial patterns into multiple sizes. I liked the job but the pay was pretty bad...
  7. C

Swallow Raincoats

I,m a bit late to this website having just discovered it in 2020! You may well have remembered my dad who was export manager for a time, George Fairhurst, before going back as a rep in Devon. I joined as a shy teenager in 1961, going through various departments and ending up as the designer's...
Back