• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Searching for Wilfred Crofts

charliefox

Brummie babby
My late brother, David Fairhurst, was so fond of Wilfred Crofts, that he left him a modest bequest in his Will. Wilfred, who in 1986, when the Will was written, was living at 44 Douglas road, Acocks green B27 6HP, was a well known Clairvoyant and helped my brother to become a medium in time. Since my brother died last May and the will was unaltered in the 36 years since it was written, I am not hopeful of finding him alive as he was an old man even then. But you never know! Hard to find a mention in the 1921 census, the latest I can check, as he was problaly born a bit later. Birminghan Registrar of deaths only go back a few years.

There are some mentions of a Wilfred J Crofts on the Solihull News in the late 80s early 90s, advertising clairvoyance.

There only birth registration for a William J Crofts between 1921 and 1980 is one in 1947 West Brom. There is William J Crofts on ERs early 2000s in Telford. No death as far as I can see.

My late brother, David Fairhurst, was so fond of Wilfred Crofts, that he left him a modest bequest in his Will. Wilfred, who in 1986, when the Will was written, was living at 44 Douglas road, Acocks green B27 6HP, was a well known Clairvoyant and helped my brother to become a medium in time. Since my brother died last May and the will was unaltered in the 36 years since it was written, I am not hopeful of finding him alive as he was an old man even then. But you never know! Hard to find a mention in the 1921 census, the latest I can check, as he was problaly born a bit later. Birminghan Registrar of deaths only go back a few years.
Hello,

I know Wilfred crofts he is my moms uncles and is still alive. He lives in Telford, Shropshire.

Hello,

I know Wilfred crofts he is my moms uncles and is still alive. He lives in Telford, Shropshire.
Can you put me in contact with your Mum or Wilfred himself? You must understand that certain questions would need to be answered correctly and documentation produced. I note you only joined today at 5.30pm. Why was that?

Can you put me in contact with your Mum or Wilfred himself? You must understand that certain questions would need to be answered correctly and documentation produced. I note you only joined today at 5.30pm. Why was that?
Yes of course, it was extremely random how I came across this post my mom was talking about wilf and how he used to be quite a well known clairvoyant in Birmingham so I googled his name and I saw this thread! So I had to join to reply to your comment. Do you have a private email address? I’d rather not send any of his details publicly if that’s ok?

Yes of course, it was extremely random how I came across this post my mom was talking about wilf and how he used to be quite a well known clairvoyant in Birmingham so I googled his name and I saw this thread! So I had to join to reply to your comment. Do you have a private email address? I’d rather not send any of his details publicly if that’s ok?

as this looks like it relates to a living person it is best that you both swap private contact details via our private message system ..only the sender and recipient can read your messages...much safer that way...just click on the the envelope top right of the main page

the team

as this looks like it relates to a living person it is best that you both swap private contact details via our private message system ..only the sender and recipient can read your messages...much safer that way...just click on the the envelope top right of the main page

the team
Not quite sure I get the instructions for private message system! When I click on the envelope on the main page I am asked to begin a conversation and when I enter Elisha evans nothing much happens. Is the private message system different?
Chris

If you hover over Elisha's name to the left of her message, a small pop up will appear. You'll see at the bottom a little box - start conversation - click on this, enter title and type your message.

If you hover over Elisha's name to the left of her message, a small pop up will appear. You'll see at the bottom a little box - start conversation - click on this, enter title and type your message.
when you say enter title that is my login name...charliefox?

Charliefox does not have "conversation" active. You will need to change the settings.
To enable conversation you need to click on your name (next to avatar at top of page).
Select "privacy" and then part way down the page "allow conversations
1676304722736.png

Charliefox does not have "conversation" active. You will need to change the settings.
To enable conversation you need to click on your name (next to avatar at top of page).
Select "privacy" and then part way down the page "allow conversations
View attachment 178018
Could only find 'Start conversations with you' rather than 'allow.' Clicked on members only.
Does this mean I have to send a new message now?

I am not sure but don't think you would have got a reply without changing that item.
Apologies it was start not allow.
If you go to the envelope can you see your message to Elisha? If so then I think you need to wait for her reply. It will show as a red 1 above the envelope.

Hello,

Hello

My auntie is also looking for Mr Crofts (and Brian) and saw them in the 80s, she has very fond memories of him. She said he was a wonderful person and always enjoyed his company. He did send her his new address but she unfortunately lost it.
Please could you message me his contact details if that’s ok or if he would prefer I can let you know my aunties name in private?
Many thanks

Hello

My auntie is also looking for Mr Crofts (and Brian) and saw them in the 80s, she has very fond memories of him. She said he was a wonderful person and always enjoyed his company. He did send her his new address but she unfortunately lost it.
Please could you message me his contact details if that’s ok or if he would prefer I can let you know my aunties name in private?
Many thanks
Hello there,

I know Wilfred, he is my moms uncle. Unfortunately Wilf is not in the best of health right now, I thought I would make an account to pass this information on.

Back