• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by changinman1

1. changinman1

Dad's Memoirs

Love reading this
  2. changinman1

CENSUS LOOK UP PLEASE

ive asked for access to view pics from knowle society , therye bound to have photos of the road and also with a church dead opposite someone is bound to have photos with my house in the background
  3. changinman1

CENSUS LOOK UP PLEASE

Iv since removed the briar cottage sign as the lady who lives next door to me used to live here and said that she put the sign up when she lived here only 10 years ago, so briar cottage was not its original name hmmmm
  4. changinman1

Co-op high st bham

Who has memories from the 80,s , thats when I was there for a year or two.
  5. changinman1

CENSUS LOOK UP PLEASE

Hi ...the plans definitely look different but I cant see how it was one house because the adjoining house to the one that im buying has an entry in between mine and theirs so why would you build an entry for access to both gardens if it was one house ......but you might have a point and the...
  6. changinman1

CENSUS LOOK UP PLEASE

Hi wow yes id say its a pretty important job keeping the tracks in good condition . Thanks for the response.
  7. changinman1

Gun Factories / Gun Quarter - Staff Lists ??

There could be a link to thomas field bcos i have a thomas in my tree from that era
  8. changinman1

CENSUS LOOK UP PLEASE

That's smashing ....so his dad was something to do with the railway . ......
  9. changinman1

Walter Collins and the Beet family

Shame the pic is not clearer as my an and granddad lived next door and he tried to get into the hosue to rescue them
  10. changinman1

CENSUS LOOK UP PLEASE

I had this come through from my solicitor yesterday and this is referring to access rights probably to a side entrance shared with a neighbour , looks like it was I 1963 ....so yes this ties William wheeler to the property as well as your find , so it looks like the wheelers were there until...
  11. changinman1

CENSUS LOOK UP PLEASE

There is a cobblers cottage about 10 doors up that actually was a working shoe repairer, theres also a Westfield Cottage too that I noticed. I get what you are saying though that were not sure whether these are the original names of the cottages or just ones that people have made up
  12. changinman1

CENSUS LOOK UP PLEASE

This is strange, so you think the electoral roll might tell me who lived there , what year did that come into play I wonder in terms of availability to public to view
  13. changinman1

Frederick William field

mmmmm so he died in july 1918 , 4 years after he was discharged from the army and ironically he died just as the war ended , how awful. Does anyone know what he did inbetween 1914 and 1918 ?
  14. changinman1

Frederick William field

I was wondering if they ever took photos of the recruits when enlisiting them as none of the family know what he looks like because he dies of Spanish flu ?