• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by changinman1

1. changinman1

Dorridge

Thanks Karen I cant wait
  2. changinman1

Dorridge

Wow didn't know this , yes it would be amazing if you had some photos , there aren't many at all in circulation , I don't think ive seen one that's more than 30 years old.
  3. changinman1

Hit A Brick Wall

Maurice , you have been incredibly helpful in explaining how you feel about this and the challenges that I face , its not easy , maybe I need to go over the data that I have from later on and maybe work back and cover different opportunities , its certainly given me food for thought as id hate...
  4. changinman1

Hit A Brick Wall

so do I need to get a Birth Cert ?
  5. changinman1

Hit A Brick Wall

OMG how do you even know such facts about distance of churches etc ...amazing ....mmmm this one is so tricky isn't it ...thankyou so so much for getting me this info, its something ill have to try and pursue further
  6. changinman1

Hit A Brick Wall

Maurice , firstly and foremost thankyou for doing this for me I really appreciate it , how did you get that ive looked for days on this one , couple more questions , 1-what does the middle sentence say I cant understand it ? 2- Is there anywhere I can get the maiden name of Elizabeth his mother
  7. changinman1

Hit A Brick Wall

Hi im researching my family tree and I cant seem to get a father or a mother for one of my gt GF,s , please if anyone can think of a way id be real grateful. Jeremiah Field 1755–1838 BIRTH 1 JUL 1755 • St Georges Bloomsbury, London, England DEATH ABT 1838 4th great-grandfathe
  8. changinman1

Gun Factories / Gun Quarter - Staff Lists ??

Hi yes Sarah was widowed in 1890 , Joseph her hubb died in Rubery hill asylum of bronchitis . only 40 odd too.
  9. changinman1

Hand Writing interpretation

thats weird then mmmm i wonder how they came to be all on that same page ....ps its from an ancestry hint on my family tree
  10. changinman1

Wimbledon has been inhabited since at least the Iron Age when the hill fort on Wimbledon Common, the second-largest in London,[3] is thought to have been constructed. The original nucleus of Wimbledon was at the top of the hill close to the common – the area now known locally as "the village"...
  11. changinman1

Also , what sort of book was that more than like recorded in ?? church book or local govt. ?
  12. changinman1

yes Banes is south of the river I was right .
  13. changinman1

I think Barnes is a place down south ?
  14. changinman1

I have never ever heard Thomas abbreviated to Thos ,,,so did people actually address him as THOS ?? WOW , and what does husbandry mean
  15. changinman1

Walter Collins and the Beet family

Hi this is really ironic and of course so sad but I have a bit of a back story too regarding this , my grandad and gran lived next door to them at this sad time Charles Henry Field and Hilda Field . I did a bit of digging on this and found also a piece in the sunday mercury about the tragedy...