• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Cash

1. C

The Crompton Arms, Handsworth

Hi all The owners or tenants when the Crompton Arms was a Davenports pub during the mid 70’s were Frank and Florence Southall. They had 6 children, Yvonne, Kim, Mark, David, Andrew and Gary. The pub was a real community hub in those days, I think the bar lady and cleaner was Ethel who was...
  2. C

The Colwyn

Hi Lyn In the mid 70’s I lived opposite The Crompton Arms, Crompton Road. Handsworth, it was a Davenports pub which I’d like to see some pics of if you or anyone on this thread may have.
  3. C

The Colwyn

Astoness I stand corrected, the Lamplighter. Thank you.
  4. C

The Colwyn

Thanks for the input Dionysius it’s appreciated. I remember The Paddock but never popped in there. Pubs I frequented in my earlier days were, The Minerva, The Whitehouse, The Queens, The Lighthouse which were all Hockley and Newtown based. The Colwyn was my local when I moved to Lee Bank...
  5. C

The Colwyn

Thanks for that, I moved into Lee Bank in the late 70’s and enjoyed living there. Are you also from the area??
  6. C

The Colwyn

Hi all Does anyone remember the Colwyn Pub on Great Colmore Street, Lea Bank. Does anyone remember the Lea Tavern on Lea Bank Middlway. It will be interesting to hear from anyone who does.
Back