• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by carolhale

1. C

Manor Park School Vicarage Road

Hi Yes I definitely remember Bockleton all thoes wooden huts and the cold water I seem to remember us doing some kind of show I would love to go to the reunion also I will keep looking on the site I think is in JUne
  2. C

I also remember Miss Featherstone I think she was before Miss Plant I also remember Mrs Hillier Miss Roper and Miss Shirley I think she taught needle work but as I was no good at it she made me sit in the Library
  3. C

I would love to know when and where are you going would love to see them
  4. C

Really" thats great what is your name? Carol will know me as Christine Rogers that was my maiden name and Carol is my middle name are you still hairdressing did you live in Aston x
  5. C

No i don't think Mavis worked with me but I do know Mavis as you say she had a shop on the Lichfield Road I did some Saturday work there after I left Kitty Greaves my cousins wife Carol also worked there and I think a girl called Rhoda
  6. C

The shop was in summer lane and the lady who owned it was called Kitty Greaves the shop was called Katherines do you know her ?
  7. C

Birmingham Nightclubs of the Past - Memories

What about the Plaza in Hands worth I loved going there to jive and see the stars like Tommy Steel then I would walk home if the last bus had gone from Rookery Road to Queens Road Aston
  8. C

I also went to Manor Park and remember Miss Plant Miss Roper and Miss Hillier do any of you remember 1066 and all that, I was one of the solders also the Eisteddfod I left when I was 14 1/2 to go into hairdressing down in Summer Lane
  9. C

Queens Rd Aston

Yes you are right,t the shop was called Rogers, It was my Dads mothers shop my Nans, I lived at number 80 Queens Road opposite, and was born in 1944, I remember Stags very well as Mrs Stagg had a phone, and when my brother John Rogers was killed in 1958 in Germany doing nation service she...
Back