• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by brum baby

1. brum baby

Goodway Road Great Barr Birmngham

I lived at 150 Birdbrook opposite the Off licence, grocery stores and chip shop. Lived there from 1956 to 1968. So many of the roads from Birdbrook seemed to be uphill although in my younger days I did not notice them. I used to go to the youth clubs at the bottom of Birdbrook. Great memories...
  2. brum baby

Goodway Road Great Barr Birmngham

Great photo. I walked up and down Goodway many many times on my way from Birdbrook Road to Kingstanding to catch the bus to work. Must have had strong calves in those days, even going to school was an uphill slog up Dyas.
  3. brum baby

Come On Down The Game Show Story Aug 10th 7pm. I.T.V.

You were great Wendy what a thrill. You looked a natural Looking forward to seeing hubby on the show got to wait until episode 4
  4. brum baby

ITV Production coordinator just rang. The Golden Shot episode of the history of the Game Show will be aired on Sunday 31st August. The last episode. Looking forward to watching it.
  5. brum baby

Look forward to seeing you also Wendy. What time were you there. Alan said Bradley was great, very professional but very friendly and great to work with
  6. brum baby

Bernie the Bolt aka Alan Bailey, my husband,had a great day recording a mock Golden Shot with Bradley Walsh and Anne Aston. Looking forward to seeing the show on Sunday
  7. brum baby

A.T.V. at Aston Cross

Hubby thinks it was Frank Hincks one of the older long term electricians, not the chief electrician when he worked with him 1960 to 1976 QUOTE=ronald coooer121;513290]At the old a tv studios was mr jinks chief electrician hus wife Norah was a bham councillor I worked under alf hinks at...
  8. brum baby

Bear Yard, Bull Street - Information Req'd

Re: information on street Thank you for the information much appreciated
  9. brum baby

Bear Yard, Bull Street - Information Req'd

Does anyone know where Bear Yard, Bull Street was in the 18th century. My 4x Gt Grandfather Robert Tibbins traded as a hair seller according to quite a few trade directories. Later he became a hair dresser. What would a hair seller do actually, make wigs? Apologies if I have posted in the...
  10. brum baby

Arthur Vickers VC

Good for you, how wonderful to have a VC in the family and to have a cigarette card with you on it. I am not related to the Vickers but have done research on the family for a friend who, as I said is a granddaughter of Eliza VIckers, sister to Thomas and Arthur. I would be glad to share...
  11. brum baby

Arthur Vickers VC

Arthur was the 4th child of John Vickers and Amy nee Kenedy. His siblings were William 1878, Richard 1879 Thomas 1880 Amy 1885 and Eliza (my friends Grandmother 1888. I have a lot of photos of him and was lucky enough to buy his VC cigarette card on e bay for my friend. Let me know if you want...
  12. brum baby

Kunzle Cakes

I still dream about Kunzle cakes. Not sure where we got them from but they were a real luxury and treat. Should we start a campaign to bring them back or would they be too rich for my tastes now?
  13. brum baby

Clifton Road Aston

Great to have a plan of where 140 was and thank you for posting it for me. I have decided, after many many years of researching my ancestors, to pad out their lives and write up as much as I can about them, Where they lived, their jobs etc., etc., I expect this will take me quite a few years to...
  14. brum baby

Clifton Road Aston

sorry should have addressed you as Eric, not your sign in name.
  15. brum baby

Clifton Road Aston

That is great thank you Ray great to have an idea where the house was
Back