• Welcome to this forum Guest. We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by brianthelion

1. brianthelion

Late 70s amateur Aerial Photos, city and south to Longbridge

Looks like Holloway Head Lee Bank opposite the Peace Gardens on the middle left of the photo.
  2. brianthelion

Sweets We Used To Have

3. brianthelion

The Gothic - Great Hampton Street

The Gothic Inn. M @& B Good Honest Beer
  4. brianthelion

Former NatWest Bank Frederick Street Jewellery Quarter.

In the latest edition of the Hockley Flyer. Apologies for standard of my photos.
  5. brianthelion

Unfortunately I can’t gain access due to insurance reasons, which is fair enough. Sadly much is being removed as it’s becoming a hair and beauty salon! Not much use for a sixty plus bald bloke!
  6. brianthelion

Hope so. I took some through the windows but they were very dirty and bright sun meant nothing was worth posting. Insides been stripped back but still looks some interesting stuff.
  7. brianthelion

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Provincial_Bank
  8. brianthelion

As promised. Will also try agent to see if I can get access to record the inside as it looks interestin.
  9. brianthelion

With all NatWest branding now removed the old lettering has been revealed. I’ll pop up and get a photo to post later as I guess it won’t be around for long. Cant remember now for sure but I think it’s National Provincial Bank of England! Old age grrrrrrrrr.
  10. brianthelion

Eagle And Tun Pub

Hands up time! That the reason why myself and a business partner tried to buy the pub and lost out at auction. If we could have got it at the price we set we knew a CPO would come in eventually and provide a much better return than any bank account would have!
  11. brianthelion

Crystal Chinese Restaurant, Jewellery Quarter.

Chatting to a few Jewellers in the pub tonight and I was bemoaning the lack of a good Chinese in the JQ. A couple then began to talk about the Crystal from many years ago which, apparently was where the Tesco Express now sits near the clock. Any info, dates, pictures or memories more than...
  12. brianthelion

Caroline Street

Love old maps and live literally steps above the top of this one on Hall St. Off to match up what I can especially the old baths and pubs. Any photos would be brilliant if anyone has any.
  13. brianthelion

Sweets We Used To Have

Mintola 1955 renamed Mint Munchies in the 1990's, then After Eight Bitesize in 2006 Ironically Mintola is an older brand than After Eight, and was launched by a different company (Mackintosh's) but now finds itself enjoying the patronage of the After eight name.