• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Boulton

1. B

Birmingham buses

I remember seeing a bus in the 60's spinning down the hill past St Martins in the snow and ice. Was that you Mr Martin?
  2. B

Haseley Hall

Hello Craigy, Sorry came a bit late to this thread, yes Haseley Hall is near Warwick on the Hatton road, a bit of potted history. It was in Victorian times the home of Sir James Sawyer (1844-1919) Head Doctor and surgeon for Birmingham. He was knighted for his services to medicine in Birmingham...
  3. B

Queens Hospital Bath Row

Does anybody have info on the original Queens hospital? The founding father of teaching medicine in Birmingham was Robert Cort Cox, who founded the Birmingham medical school, his protege was Sir James Sawyer, who taught at the hospital and was awarded a knighthood in 1885 for his services to...
  4. B

Birth before 1837

Hi Shera, That's good enough for me, William was her brother, Ann Hodgkins married him later. You're a star! Thanks, Matthew x
  5. B

Birth before 1837

Hi Shera, Well I have a date, 13 Jan 1833 Taylor to Wakefield. I need to know more details on them to confirm a match such as witnesses, places of birth, parents. Do you know how to find these? Many Thankyous, Matthew.
  6. B

Birth before 1837

Hi Shera, Do you have marriage records for St Martins? Matthew.
Back