• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Bob Johnson

1. B

OLD BIRMINGHAM PHOTOS FROM STEVEBHx

This is going to be a long shot and I may even get castigated for my suggestions, (I won't be offended) my thoughts are; This is Holyhead road, West Brom. We are looking towards Park lane just past the tall advertising hoarding on the left. In the distance on the left is Island road. On the...
  2. B

Golden Hillock Service station is still there. Junction of A45 and Golden Hillock.
  3. B

Interesting car behind the MGB, a N.S.U. RO80. These were powered by a twin rotor Wankel engine. Manufactured from 1967 until 1977.
  4. B

Transport Companies in Birmingham.

Worked on lots of those. Company I worked for had a fleet of those in artic form. Engine was a Perkins V8, 8360 cc.
  5. B

At a guess I would say twenty years or more. The 'Birmingham wholesale fruit market' is on part of the site now.
  6. B

Sutton Road Erdington: large houses and their residents

WOW! That's some info there. Thanks.
  7. B

....and a bakery. I was stood in Garrison st when I took the photograph.
  8. B

I have attached a couple of pics I took in the eighties. One is looking directly at where 'Harvo' bread was, the other is looking towards Watery lane. I have a couple of other pics of that area also.
  9. B

I think this may have been the 'Harvo' bakery building. I have included two pictures I took in the eighties soon after the work for the inner ring road (A4540) commenced.
  10. B

I think there is a 'Range Rover' parked on the pavement apart from that, as you say "No other British car in sight".
  11. B

Done it

I started work at the age of 15yrs and 4months, retired/redundant at the young age of 62 and 9 months. My retirement is taken up with the following: Continue with my motorcycle riding. Continue with motorcycle renovation. Took up caravan touring, both at home and abroad ( France, Spain...
  12. B

I think American cars were too loud (colour and chrome) for the ordinary working bloke of the U.K
  13. B

This picture shows you in greater detail the West End ballroom and the railway goods yard.
  14. B

Another GREAT! pic. Thank you.