• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Brookfields Lad

1. B

Massey-Arran

Does anyone have any information about 'Massey-Arran' motorcycles, they were made in Birmingham in the early 1920's?
  2. B

Forward Radiators - Cherrywood Road

I found the following on - Grace's Guide. 1958 Standard Motor Co acquired Mulliners Holdings, which had a controlling interest in Forward Radiator Co and also Mulliners Ltd.
  3. B

BOOK - can't find this book anywhere?

https://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=31223971215&cm_sp=SEARCHREC-_-WIDGET-L-_-BDP-R&searchurl=ds%3D20%26kn%3DBryan%2BDrew%26sortby%3D17 Is this the one?
  4. B

Birmingham buses

Impressive. Thanks for posting.
  5. B

Lucas products and services

Car Lighting Services were on the Moseley road as you say. I think the owner was Harold Brown.
  6. B

Lucas products and services

The other premises for A T Gittins was on Aston Road north called UNIMAG, Universal, Magneto and Electrical, Diesel services. There was another depot in Worcester called Auto, Electrical, Services.
  7. B

Birmingham Canal Boatmen: struggle for improved working conditions.

Great. An interesting article. Thanks for the posting.
  8. B

Birmingham Canal Boatmen: struggle for improved working conditions.

Hi Pedro, can you tell me where the link is that Alfred Ash was Chairman of FMC please. I have read all the articles on here but I can't see a link between Ash and FMC. Many thanks Bob.
  9. B

Hockley GWR Station

Scribbans' bakery.
  10. B

Petrol pumps & filling stations of the past

Great picture, thanks for posting it.
  11. B

Petrol pumps & filling stations of the past

I remember a Hawthorn garage on the Chester road opposite Sutton park. I Remember going there in the early seventies, it was an Alfa Romeo agency. It is now called Sutton Park Renault.
  12. B

Bramah Works

Did this site become the home of Guest Keen and Nettlefolds?
  13. B

Motorcycle Shops

The 2LS brake that was made for motorcycles was cable operated.
  14. B

Motorcycle Shops

I must dig out a video of me being transported in a Tuk-Tuk whilst in India. Not something I wish to repeat.
  15. B

Motorcycle Shops

I wonder why that form of transport didn't catch on in UK? Thanks for the pic, I don't recognise him. Is this the same person who made 2LS front brakes for Triumph/Bsa's?
Back