• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by bewdley

1. bewdley

Royal Airforce

Thank you Jonob, much appreciated. bewdley
  2. bewdley

MY FIRST/SECOND GRANDCHILD

Awww Happy 1st birthday Evie xj
  3. bewdley

My grandchildren paddling in the stream and making mud pies in the woods this morning. Hope you're all keeping cool too.
  4. bewdley

Its Alberta’s birthday

Happiest birthday wishes Alberta xj
  5. bewdley

Aston Parish Church WW1 Memorial

Not sure whether you have their marriage, but I noticed it has been transcribed incorrectly on Ancestry as Walte Thomas Woleson to Charlotte Bryant: I have corrected. Walter Thomas Dobson age 30 (bachelor), Rivetter, 225 New Town Row, father; Robert Henry Dobson, Policeman, married Charlotte...
  6. bewdley

Hi AnnieH55, I found it on Fold3, here's the link https://www.fold3.com/image/668370686?terms=20445,war,i,burns,world
  7. bewdley

Sidney George Clarke is also on the CWGC site and in 1911 he was living with his parents and siblings at 116 Alfred Road.
  8. bewdley

George Caldicott is on the CWGC site. Here is his entry with his address.
  9. bewdley

I've found an address of 12 Park Street for James Burns on his pension record (Worcester 10th Battalion). Awarded to his wife Annie Eliza Burns dob 24.6.1860. He is also on the CWGC with a different address, here's the snip
  10. bewdley

Hickie (Heckil) Francis Stanley of Witton Lane Aston

He was baptised at St Josephs in 1897. A little further information found on FMP: His death was registered as Stanley Hickie in March quarter 1916 at Gateshead, and there is a headstone. Also this snip says he died of pneumonia, which can lead to heart failure.
  11. bewdley

Hickie (Heckil) Francis Stanley of Witton Lane Aston

So sad and so young. I took this snip off the CWGC site, here's the link. https://www.cwgc.org/find-records/find-war-dead/casualty-details/404541/francis-stanley-hickie/
  12. bewdley

Christmas greetings 2021

Season's greetings one and all. Here's to a happy and healthy 2022 xj
  13. bewdley

Somme

Two from my family (different branches) were killed on 1st July 1916 on the first day of the Battle of the Somme. One with the 8th Battalion Yorks and Lancs born Barnsley and the other with the 1st 8th Territorial Battalion Royal Warwickshire born in Leeds, but moved to Birmingham as a...
  14. bewdley

REMEMBRANCE DAY 2021/2022

Hubby and myself have had our DNA taken in the hope that if any remains are found they may be matched to their descendants/family. THOMAS JAMES BUCK, 4573, Royal Warwickshire Regiment, 1st 8th Territorial Battalion, KIA 1 July 1916 at the Somme age 21. Body never found. On the Thiepval Memorial...
  15. bewdley

Same here (apart from the chocs) we never get a caller.
Back