• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by BELMONT ROW

1. B

Park Street Burial Ground

none of us get younger, we all die, but often old photos disappear when we die and when found are destroyed, its times like these that they are invaluable, wud be gud to have some depository where people that knew the pics wudnt be kept...an idea.
  2. B

Just watched BBC interview with those responsible for HS2 in BRUM. They ensure that theIr camera did not PAN In the area of the bodies they are digging up (edited) AND YES I feel we do have relatives in there as we go back to 1835 in Brum, but Bham Council wont supply a list, (edited to...
  3. B

I feel best way is CREMATION if this is wot they can do to your body.
  4. B

Edited to remove reference to Broad Street excavations. I know the pic taken was from some distance, but felt we wud have at least seen a head stone or two, it was 1933 and last interment was 1850?..so why no head stones I wud ask?..do u feel they were about to move the bodies as they did with...
  5. B

YES Yes please, I have just been on that thread and a message posted Oct 2018 said the 'diggings' were completed but when I viewed actually visited the site b4 Xmas there were very high fence panels and a roof on it, no way u can get in so they haven't finished at all, have they found more I say.
  6. B

you say all bodies now removed, but the pic looks as though nothings been started, its now Jan 2020 and still the fencing is round this area but why if the bodies have been removed?
  7. B

Lock Keepers Cottage Belmont Row

Do u have one slightly to the left that wud cover the Park St burial ground they are digging up for HS2 at all, I do believe I have relatives in there but I cannot get a list of who was buried from Bham Council...its a disgrace that people cannot be left to rest, BUT A RICH MANS DREAM drives on...
  8. B

Do u have one slightly to the left that wud cover the Park St burial ground they are digging up for HS2 at all, I do believe I have relatives in there but I cannot get a list of who was buried from Bham Council ... post edited to remove off topic coments
  9. B

AMAZING photo, trying to make out Curzon Street Station bottom of Belmont Row my Uncle worked there, seems goods stored on frontage, he lived in Pitt Street and married my Mums sister, his name was Sgt Major Leonard Heart. My Grandparents lived opp lock keepers cottages on corner Number 50, was...
  10. B

Some old street maps of Birmingham

On the map-Looking at Belmont Row... opp where lock keepers cottage were/are there was a side road where my grandparents lived on the corner, 50 Belmont Row, but not shown on ur map..wondered if the road was created after the map was drawn up by removing houses to make way?-looking at pic you...
  11. B

Here are the Lock keepers cottages, my Grandparents, William Thomas Corrall, lived opposite was number 50 Belmont Row. was turned into a shop where he sold Lamp oil, newspapers, they kept rabbits in rear garden.
Back