• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by aston lad

1. aston lad

Tommy Ball Murder

I took this photo of his grave in April / May 2006....
  2. aston lad

Big Brother or What

Its a bit to late to worry about big brother....CCTV's everywhere you go, if you have a bank card, credit card, club card (tesco's nectar ) mobile phone, smart phone, smart tv, ipad, home phone and many other items then they already know enough about you..... I forgot the computer you use gives...
  3. aston lad

Nechells Park Secondary Modern School Charles Arthur St School

I knew I had one of the play ground as well....in fact I thought I had two.....if I do come across it I will post ....
  4. aston lad

Nechells Park Secondary Modern School Charles Arthur St School

These are the only ones I think I have of the school in question
  5. aston lad

Looking for a photo which was printed in Carl Chinn's Evening Mail Column

Hi Jim.....If its me you have posted this photo for , if so Thank you ...but its not the one....Lyn posted it sometime last year, the name of the pub was the Pump Taven, which was on the corner of Sutherland Street and Montague Street in Aston, it was taken in 1936, the baby in the photo is my...
  6. aston lad

Looking for a photo which was printed in Carl Chinn's Evening Mail Column

Wendy I have that photo....I will sort it out as soon as I can ....Apart from this brilliant forum, John Houghton and myself have a facebook page dedicated to Aston.....its called, Astonbrook-through -Aston Manor, also John Houghton has a website of the same name....
  7. aston lad

Anyone recognise this building?

I do not think it is a pub....I think its an outdoor the entrance door is on the side of the building , the front door belongs again I think to the shop next door which looks to me as drapers, same family running both business's ( is that spelt right )....I have checked the 1939 register but...
  8. aston lad

Delivery slots

For what Year ?
  9. aston lad

Delivery slots

Chris.....Keep checking the Morrison site, they add local delivers if they are in your area on a daily basis, I had to turn two down this week because I am having a delivery from Asda tomorrow....but keep checking, I have been able to book deliveries for the next two weeks.....keep safe ....
  10. aston lad

Kingstanding

Yes I think it was...or there about....Dean Close is one of the roads built on the old site ...
  11. aston lad

Delivery slots

I was lucky to obtain a slot from Asda this morning for next week, and Morrison''s for the week after that....I have just checked out to see if I could book a slot a little further in advance but couldn't, but I did notice that Morrisons had slots for today and tomorrow which a few days ago were...
  12. aston lad

Pub Quiz [5]

Crossways Kingstanding ..
  13. aston lad

Where is this ?

Would it be Bristol Railway Station....now that you think it is Bristol.....
  14. aston lad

Castle Inn Church Lane Aston

Well in 1908 he was a Beer Retailer at number 2 Bright Street Aston.....Also I cannot find a Castle Inn in Church Lane in 1908, 1913..., he may have had the idea of turning his beer retailer into The Castle .....he did died quiet wealthy in 1957, leaving a few thousand pounds to his son's....