• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by ampegboy

1. A

Aberdeen Street Winson Green

Back at ya Astonian, Remember that weekend well, think we all sailed a bit close to the wind back then. Saw Johnny Dunkley a few years back he's still living in Quinton and yes I remember the neighbours in the long gardens too, I was one of them I lived at number 26, the one with the big tree at...
  2. A

Hi Josie, the memory is a little on the foggy side these days so I can't be certain but I think it was quite sometime after you had left. I think it was 1965/66 to about 1968 she was a friend of my then girlfriend Brenda. I heard on the grapevine that sadly Maggie fell victim to the big C and...
  3. A

Hiya Astonian, the Little lady you mention who lived up the top of the yard was Maggie Howarth and Frank when he wasn't in the clink was her boyfriend. We used to pop in for a cuppa now and then and though I shudder to think of it now a safe with its back ripped out in the front room was nothing...
Back