• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

OLD AND NEW PHOTOGRAPHS

Post 180, My grandad and his first wife lived in Witton Street sometime between 1914 and 1920 when they got divorced, I wondered if he drank in the Garrison, he died when I was just over one year old, never got to know him..

Our next selection are from Sheet A66 a few tours and a few random shot , first selection are down as a day out at Holliday Street depot 1st April 1992.I cannot put much of a commentary to them, but I will add anything I feel is useful.
View attachment 179200
steve i seem to remember there was a depot in holiday st run by the council but i dont know what sort of depot...there again i could be completely wrong

lyn

steve i seem to remember there was a depot in holiday st run by the council but i dont know what sort of depot...there again i could be completely wrong

lyn
Wasn't there an antiques centre there? Yes council run possibly highways depot.

My guess is that
Our next selection are from Sheet A66 a few tours and a few random shot , first selection are down as a day out at Holliday Street depot 1st April 1992.I cannot put much of a commentary to them, but I will add anything I feel is useful.
View attachment 179200
I would guess, and think it very likely that the phot here and those immediately after are of the Corporation Wharves in the map below

map 1950s showing corporation wharves.jpg

Back