• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Good music to listen to on U Tube

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t recall offering this band for your delight and delectation on a previous occasion, so, here we go: -

1930, I think and the stock market would have been in lots of folks’ minds. Two turns round the local drill hall floor doing the quickstep at that pace and I’d have been fit for nothing!

And another of Van Phillips’ recording, but Maurice Elwyn was never my favourite vocalist.

Finally, if anyone wants to find out more about Van Phillips, here is a link to an Alan Dell special about him.

Last edited:
I don’t recall offering this band for your delight and delectation on a previous occasion, so, here we go: -

1930, I think and the stock market would have been in lots of folks’ minds. Two turns round the local drill hall floor doing the quickstep at that pace and I’d have been fit for nothing!

And another of Van Phillips’ recording, but Maurice Elwyn was never my favourite vocalist.

I'm guessing with your choice of music you think you were born too late like some others of us john?
Lynn

Surely, but I do like the advantages of having lived through times of comparative prosperity and just missing WW2. My dad and his generation lived through the depression and the war, my lot all received the advantages gained by the passage of time, and very few of the downside consequences.

BTW, you should see my record collection!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back