• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

CHRISTMAS 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now planning for family Christmas in April. Took us all a while to accept we’re in Tier 4 and can’t meet up, but needs must. Next best thing is going to be a family Christmas at Easter-time for us. Not sure yet what form it will take ........but ideas on a postcard .......

Now let’s see we’ll need ......
Viv
why not a easter tree like LP does
Apr 4, 2020

Last edited:
Now planning for family Christmas in April. Took us all a while to accept we’re in Tier 4 and can’t meet up, but needs must. Next best thing is going to be a family Christmas at Easter-time for us. Not sure yet what form it will take ........but ideas on a postcard .......

Viv
Viv, had not thought of that! Very good idea! We are struggling with the isolation or cabin fever.

Yes Richard. Not my idea, someone mentioned it earlier on here.

The April date (4 April - Easter Sunday) gives time for things to settle down. And hopefully many will be vaccinated, lower tiers etc. So we’ve set a date just so that we have something to look forward to as a family. Everyone has suffered one way or another this year, and if only to celebrate being happy getting back together, I’m all for some sort of celebration. And we’re gonna have fairy lights, lots of ‘em !

Viv.

The April date (4 April - Easter Sunday) gives time for things to settle down. And hopefully many will be vaccinated, lower tiers etc. So we’ve set a date just so that we have something to look forward to as a family. Everyone has suffered one way or another this year, and if only to celebrate being happy getting back together, I’m all for some sort of celebration. And we’re gonna have fairy lights, lots of ‘em !

Viv.
SUPER....Lets pray things get better soon! regardless it is a wonderful idea!

Viv.
yer:grinning::grinning:

This is the first time in 42 years that we don't have to stay up all Christmas Eve/Christmas day wrapping presents, all done.
This is the first time in 42 years that I've got to cook Christmas dinner, HELP !!

Same here Chris. We’ve done everything for Christmas Day. We’ve now resorted to poking and shaking the Christmas presents under the tree and playing the “What is it?” (or “I didn’t ask for that!”) pre-Christmas game.

Viv.

Viv
You can if you have a small baby regardless of any tier you can join anybody's tier, it what Boris is doing.
I get very stressed like a lot of people at this time of year. Mine is because something happened I was not expecting. I was well prepared even with the Covid shopping. So I tap in to the BHA as it helps me de stress immediately. Thank you.

I'm stopping at home this year. My daughter, her husband and my granddaughters live near Oxford and my Son and his wife live near Cambridge. I'm in Derbyshire.

If you want to know who gets Christmas Day 1st, go to Norad Track Santa and that will tell you where he is at any time from when Christmas Day starts anywhere in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back