• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

How We Change

R

Rod

Hey look what I found in a box of slides from my brothers house, Brenda and myself with a very young eldest son Jason, hes 33 now.

Alf I would still have that hair now but for the aging process, I tell you what I dont have any regrets about my life really except to say gosh how I miss my youth, my children as children, and some other things it's not decent to mention on a history site.

Lovely pic Rod. By the way did you get my email re your enquiry to me?

Dear me - I wish we looked like we did 30 years ago mate :)

actually when I look at me I look a bit like the Tasmanian Devil don't you think???? The Laird is hiding is face ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Rod, I'd recognise Jason anywhere, he aint changed a bit.

Kate, which one is you ? lol

Chris its not fair showing the lads with that bird as nice as it is.:)

Are you commenting on the size of my beak Alf?

Kate I replied? Ill try to find and resend.

I went on a nostalga hunt yesterday after seeing your post Rod.I found this one. Here we are with our eldest son who is also 33! I can't believe Michael had a jacket like that!:D

Nice one Rod why didn't I think of that? the clue is in the Photo he's being crushed ain't he:)

MommaP I have a picture I'll sort it out, I'm wearing a similar coat lolol.

Alf heres the proof open the thumbnail. Is that a Joint i'm smoking? Do'h

That's him you needed one of those ciggies and it would get you in anywhere now with one can't get in anywhere8)

Its just an ordinary fag Alf, I was out for the day in Stratford On Avon when that piccie was taken.

I still smoke but I've packed up the Booze and don't miss it fags could be next. Because of the moey I've saved on the drink.:rolleyes:

I packed up the fags, and the wacky backy many moons ago Alf :p

The booze..... I never did drink regularly but when I did drink, I managed to enjoy myself if you know what I mean. I appreciate a glass of red wine nowadays, Cabernet is one of lifes greatest pleasures.

Because of this topic it's become known to me that I knew one of our members back in the 80's........ Isnt it strange how the circle of life turns, isnt it brilliant? I'm delighted

Last edited by a moderator:
Me to Rod, you can tell everyone I don't mind we had some great fun in those days! I am thrilled also! Just shows what posting picies can do.:D

Wendy.

I packed up the fags, and the wacky backy many moons ago Alf :p

The booze..... I never did drink regularly but when I did drink, I managed to enjoy myself if you know what I mean. I appreciate a glass of red wine nowadays, Cabernet is one of lifes greatest pleasures.

Because of this topic it's become known to me that I knew one of our members back in the 80's........ Isnt it strange how the circle of life turns, isnt it brilliant? I'm delighted

AND I'M SURE THAT MAKES IT WORTH WHILE:)

Well folks as I already said because of this set of postings I discovered something brilliant. Wendy posted a picture last night which shows her husband and herself... For a long time I have thought there was something familiar about Wendy but I just couldnt make out what until I saw the picture. Her husband Micheal I recognised or I thought I did from the 1980's and the time I spent playing with CB radio. Wendy and her Husband Micheal were I think way up there as our leaders of the TUB, Tamworth United Breakers if I remember right at least? Wendy and Micheal are perhaps the friendliest people one could ever meet and made us all feel very welcome when we joined the TUB. We had some super times, it wasnt always about 1 4 for a copy you know!! Wendy played a fantastic host role at the RABBITS 20 the Mile Oak public house, just on the A5/Sutton Road corner at Mile Oak. I'm gobsmaked to have been talking with Wendy on here like a new friend, only to find shes an old friend. This just goes to show what a fantastic thing the net is I reckon. :D

Rod thank you for your kind comments. We had such a great time in those days. I still can't believe the Mile Oak pub has gone!
It was hard work organising all the functions but like any organisation it wasn't just Michael and myself we had a great team, and thats how we survived. We were the most popular local C.B. club at that time. Do you remember the quiz nights on a Wednesday people would drive to our area just to join in............oh happy days. I am so glad we have made contact.

Sorry if we are boring the rest of you but Its so nice to have made a connection.

I never took part verbally in the quiz night Wendy, but we listened in, it was hugely popular wasnt it. I agree wholeheartedly about TUB team, it was fantastic. The sponsored walk across Cannock Chase at Midnight I mentioned earlier in a PM was great, something I will always remember as a great adventure, at the halfway point we were given hot soup and sandwich's :)

:angel: I have to agree folks, both Wendy and Rod are among the nicest two people you could ever meet.
Both make you feel that they have known you all their lives and can both be very funny when telling you a story about things that have happened to them.

Cheers guys glad you two have touched base after all this time.
View attachment 9305

View attachment 9306

Pom :angel:

Last edited:
Who are those people your sitting with Chris? has no one told you about Stranger Danger???

Back